Anyone on here go to Ecclesfield Comprehensive School?

Went there from 1976 my maiden name was Smith

---------- Post added 28-03-2015 at 19:44 ----------

I remember that, my Aunty Christine was there at the time. I started a few years later you ladies were inspiring lol

I went there from 72-77, I remember Cliff Richard coming too.

I might be a bit late in joining this thread but hey ho. I'm actually here on behalf of my dad (David Sykes) who left Ecclesfield sometime around 1979/1980, just wondering if anyone here knew him?

I was there from 72 to78. Went to Ecclesfield Infants and  then Ecclesfield Juniors prior to going there. I can remember the girls striking due to Miss Heaton's comments and also the horse falling off the quarry.  Some of the teachers I can remember were Miss Howard, John Napier (Russian), Mr Glen, Mr King, Mr Smith (French), Mrs Sanders (French), Mr Moss (PE), Mr Hewitt (music), Don Templeman, Andy Brazell, Miss Sutton (Science), Miss Clammer, Mrs Lord (RE), Mr Mellors (Chemistry), Miss Amery (Games), Mr Buck (Maths), Mike Corden (Games), Mr Middleton (Woodwork.) Forget the name of our history teacher but he used to stop off and give us a lift to school if he saw us walking up 'Chap Hill' at the last minute. Also remember the cross-country run along Chap Hill, Whitley Lane etc. There was once a dead cat which had been knocked down and laid at the side of the road and Mr Glen tripped over it as he overtook us :-)

Left in 1978 and went to work at Doncasters on Penistone Rd. Stayed there until 2013 and took early retirement in March 2013. Time flies as they say!!

Dave Simmonite.

Are you any relation to Gillian Simmonite who was there the same time as me ( 70-75)? I believe she went on to marry Simon Stainrod, the professional footballer.

On 09/12/2019 at 03:22, charliewag said:

Are you any relation to Gillian Simmonite who was there the same time as me ( 70-75)? I believe she went on to marry Simon Stainrod, the professional footballer.

Oh boy I had a crush on her.....................

I went to ecclesfield comprehensive school left in 2003. Didnt go much year 9 because of bullies but i had a few friends there so wasn't all bad

Edited by Boolaceee

I was there from 69 to 74,spent 2 years in the Hunshelf building and 3 at what was the old Grammar school. 

My first form teacher was Pamela Buckley, our classroom was the one with all the mice and other animals. Can't remember  the name of the lessons held there.

I was there from 1977 to ‘85, had to do extra year in 6th Form because my birthday end of Aug.

Remember loads of names from previous posts; Big Dan used to frighten me rigid, Mr Glen used to love launching board rubbers around. Mr Middleton was an ace woodwork teacher. Mrs Heaton taught me Geography & drove 3.0 Granada, she disappeared for a while & I seem to think she came back with a face-lift!!
Mrs Ford was my form/Science teacher, Mr & Mrs Knibbs Geography too?

Mr Gittens woodwork, so many flashing back to me