Child Modelling Agencies in Sheffield (or Yorkshire)

A few people have told me that my son (14 months) would make a great child model, so I'm thinking of looking into it. Can anyone recommend some decent (i.e. not rip off merchants) agencies in the Sheffield or Yorkshire area.

Also, has anyone's kids done this and if so, any advice?

Thanks,

Aqua

x

A few people have told me that my son (14 months) would make a great child model, so I'm thinking of looking into it. Can anyone recommend some decent (i.e. not rip off merchants) agencies in the Sheffield or Yorkshire area.

Also, has anyone's kids done this and if so, any advice?

Thanks,

Aqua

x

Yes I have and it is a cattle market.

My husband knew an agent and they talked him into signing our son up to the agency. I had to pay for a photo portfolio and the agency registration fees. Within a short space of time my son went for auditions for a Persil advert. My ex husband took him up to the auditions and they were stuck there for hours hanging around. It cost a lot of money in parking fees etc. We were able to claim the money back but it took ages to come through and you have to find it in the first place.

My ex-husband came back saying we would not be putting our son through that again. If your child gets work you have to get clearance from the local authority for them to work (you have to demonstrate that their education will not suffer as a result of the work)

I think I have made it sound like the agency were shysters but no, this was a reputable agency and many children were appearing in adverts for leading brands. We just found the costs and the whole process did not suit us. If you have loads of time to sit around and money to spend on travel and car parking then maybe this will be for you.

The agency had several hundred children on their books but only a few jobs each month. So the amount of children actually getting work is realtively small. I have told you about the reality. If you think you can deal with that then go ahead and wish you luck.

dk modles i will look for the number for you i have it somewhere as im sending photos of my son to them.

my son got offered a contract and from searching the internet i found a lot of bad feedback, so i decided against it, its not as simple as stand/pose for a few pics then off home theres alot more to it, hes also not one to stay still for more than 10 mins!! Do your research thats the best advice.

dk models is in chapletown on thornecliffe estate as far as im aware now they are reliable as far as i know many others are rippoffs for your cash

dk models is in chapletown on thornecliffe estate as far as im aware now they are reliable as far as i know many others are rippoffs for your cash

that rite, they dont any money off you so if you dont get any jobs you have not lossed out

number is 0114 257 3480

website is http://www.dkmodels.net

alternatively,wait until your son is old enough to make his own decisions. All of us as mothers think our kids are beautiful,it doesnt mean that we should then exploit them.Im sure your son would have much more fun spending the day at a the park with you,than sitting around for hours waitng to have his photo taken? As for the numerous times your son will be rejected in favour of another beautiful kid,well just dont get me started on that.........

Sorry,just my opinion :|

alternatively,wait until your son is old enough to make his own decisions. All of us as mothers think our kids are beautiful,it doesnt mean that we should then exploit them.Im sure your son would have much more fun spending the day at a the park with you,than sitting around for hours waitng to have his photo taken? As for the numerous times your son will be rejected in favour of another beautiful kid,well just dont get me started on that.........

Sorry,just my opinion :|

my son loves his photo been taken and is always asking to have it taken, and has for exploiting how could that be?? any money my son would make would go in his bank or trust fund.

my son loves his photo been taken and is always asking to have it taken, and has for exploiting how could that be?? any money my son would make would go in his bank or trust fund.

id be very suprised if your son makes any money tbh(that is not to say that he's not beautiful,im sure he is) As one of the other posters has said,its a cattle maket. I happen to believe that children should be taught that it is not whats on the outside that matters.By getting them into the modelling world from such a young age,you are teaching them the exact opposite.

id be very suprised if your son makes any money tbh(that is not to say that he's not beautiful,im sure he is) As one of the other posters has said,its a cattle maket. I happen to believe that children should be taught that it is not whats on the outside that matters.By getting them into the modelling world from such a young age,you are teaching them the exact opposite.

maybe so but he has had some offers but it was to far for us to go at the time we was told.

and im not teaching him the opposite at all hes only two and all he know his he likes having his photo taken.

Thanks everyone, think I might leave it for now as I work full time so it would be difficult to take him to jobs (that's if he got any, of course!).

A x

alternatively,wait until your son is old enough to make his own decisions. All of us as mothers think our kids are beautiful,it doesnt mean that we should then exploit them. :|

I couldn`t agree more.

Obviously at 14 months your child won`t understand about rejections, but what about when he does understand........how do you think it might make him feel?

Kids are meant to be kids, not have jobs!!