Old Pub below the Mucky Duck - What was it called?

Does anyone remember the name of the pub that was just below the 'Mucky Duck' on Snig Hill and just above the American shop which was the only place you could get jeans at one time?

It was still there in the early 60's and I had my batch party there in 1959.

i seem to recall the pub was called the merry england in the late 60s early 70s

Thanks kg50 but that doesn't ring a bell - although I did leave Sheffield in 1966. Black Lion seems to come to mind, although I'm not sure.

Thanks again anyway.

We used to drink in the Black Swan on Snig Hill, which was affectionately known as the Mucky Duck, AND IT RAN TRUE TO IT'S NAME INSIDE AS WELL.

I recall the Yellow lion pub in the town centre, but something tells me that may have been on the Haymarket.

Think there was ayellow lion and a white lion in the whicker at one time Arthur

We used to drink in the Black Swan on Snig Hill, which was affectionately known as the Mucky Duck, AND IT RAN TRUE TO IT'S NAME INSIDE AS WELL.

I believe its name was changed to The Mucky Duck, remember the fibre glass statue outside it was made by Frank Fearn, an old pal,developed this department for MONKS, and died through it.

Can't remember the pub name but the Teddy Boy shop was called Winston's. The only place for cut away collars and slim jims. A full drape from there in 1959 was 4 guineas.

Was it called "The Old Brewery Tap" or something like that?? Was it a Sam Smiths Pub (yuck!)

yes it was the "old brewery tap"

i seem to recall the pub was called the merry england in the late 60s early 70s

You would be right there KG50, i have some good memories of the place from the early 70s