Need to find out about Chittenden family

The army records show that Imogene was a "spinster" when she married in 1902. But I'll PM some data recently discovered.

Thanks to DUFFEMS' reply to my PM (telling me what was staring me in the face but I didn't realise!.:o.) it now seems clear that, at a time when many people were illiterate or semi-literate, Imogene Louisa Tucker was born as Emma Jane Louisa Tucker at Mutford, near Lowestoft in Jan-Mar 1881.

here is her individual record off IGI, useful as it gives Mum and Dads names

IGI Individual Record FamilySearchâ„¢

Emma Jane Louisa Tucker Pedigree Female

Event(s):

Birth:

Christening: 01 FEB 1881 St Margaret'S, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England

Parents:

Father: William Tucker Mother: Emma Tucker

Hi devlin - thanks for this; I had not yet got round to looking for Emma Jane's birth in the IGI.

I have done a Chittenden family tree in MS Word format, going back to the 1700s. If anyone would like to PM me an email address, I'll reply with this as an attachment.

Hi HappiDayz, i hope you're still active.

I've just been researching my family history with a friend who is studying genealogy for a masters degree. I've just discovered my great great grandfather was Edward George Chittenden. My nan, who died recently was Violet Chittenden before she married. I'd love to find out more about her family as she hardly ever spoke of them. So, hello :) Are we related?

Hillsbro, would it be possible for me to get a copy of that document you made of the Chittenden family history? That's if you still have it. I would have PMed you but i'm not allowed to yet as i'm such a new member. Thank you :)

Hi tofucube - I still have the Word file; have sent you a PM with my email address..:)

Edited by iphonelover

I don't if there is anyone still using this thread but I may be Harry's son.

Hi Johnny C - I have PM'd my email address to you. If you'd like a copy of the family tree I drew up (it goes back to the late 18th century) just reply to this..:)

I have just found this thread and registered Imogen Hall is my grandmother and i lived with her during and after the war. Richard Chittenden was my father. does anyone have any more info family trees etc which might help me

Hi Pamelar - welcome to the Forum! I have sent you a Private Message with my email address.