Planking? Or do you have a bandsaw?

I need to take down my cherry tree because of fungal infection, and would like to make something with the wood. It's big enough to give a few planks - about 15"/40cm across at the base - but not huge.

So: does anyone know a place where they have a bandsaw which could turn the pieces into planks? (Doing it with a chainsaw and frame would lose too much wood because of the thickness of a chainsaw blade.) Or is there a hobbyist on here with an underused bandsaw?

I've recently been looking for the same but for a bigger trunk (800mm) and had no luck whatsoever

I did find someone in Halifax who could do it wit a chainsaw but he wanted £400 to do it

That's for a 6ft long trunk 2ft6inch dia

Having said that i have a bandsaw that can manage 12 inches if that's any good for you

Brilliant - and I can help you because a friend of mine has an Alaska frame which he can use to cut planks, and he'll do it at a reasonable price. I don't want to use that because the thickness of a chainsaw blade would lose too much of my relatively thin tree (only the lowest bit is thicker than 12". I'll PM you.