Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

71,worth watching,7/10,some of it filmed in Park Hill.

Last week I watched "Chinatown" by Roman Polanski on DVD. Excellent Film. 10/10

Fury - 6.5/10 - I expected much of this one but it doesn't really deliver, looks great but the acting and the story are a let down.

Run all night - exactly what you would expect of a current Neeson film. Action and guns.

8/10

Starter For 10 with James McAvoy and Benedict Cumberbatch. No hesitation in giving it 10/10

Absolutely wonderful British film.

seventh son 8/10

nice fantasy film ,good effects

Yojimbo - 8/10

Great Akira Kurosawa film that inspired Sergio Leone to remake it as A Fistful Of Dollars (and basically copy the style of the film completely).

I had to take off 1 point because of the gun-toting baddie who kept distracting me with his 1960s haircut in 19th Century Japan.

Seventh Son - 5/10

A bit meh. Saved only by Jeff Bridges and his ridiculous accent.

Edge of tomorrow. Not bad, good action scenes and very good effects. But as it was a bit matrix-y a bit eylisium and even bit Pacific rim. Chuck in the whole time repeat thing just made me think I'd seen it before. 7/10

Killers - 6.5/10 - A Japanese serial killer who films and uploads his crimes gets "joined" in his killings by a journalist, quite brutal but a good film nontheless.

Guardians of the Galaxy. I watched this last night and enjoyed it - great effects (kids, you don't know what we had to put up back in the 80s) and I enjoyed it. But a couple of things bugged me - gaping plot holes for one and stuff that made me think "why is he doing that?"

But after a day of reflection the biggest issue was Chris Pratt. He didn't do the funny stuff funnily enough or the serious stuff seriously enough. I've forgotten what he looks like already. Shame. 7.5/10 but could have been more.

'The Man Who Wasn't There' (2001, B+W)

Not seen this film before for some reason. Top film by the Coen brothers, starring Billy Bob Thornton and Francis McDormand. Things go wrong for Billy Bob. 10/10.