For all the ex smokers out there..

Since having given up the ciggies just over a year ago, I've found that I've been craving other things like fresh fruit (which I've always enjoyed), to things which I never particularly enjoyed prior to quitting such as oily fish. Are these cravings just psychological or is my body telling me that I need these foods. Did anybody else replace their cravings for smokes to craving something else?

yes! i went from fags to fox's glacier mints. What it cost me in ciggies, it cost me double in dentist fee's!!!!

Since having given up the ciggies just over a year ago, I've found that I've been craving other things like fresh fruit (which I've always enjoyed), to things which I never particularly enjoyed prior to quitting such as oily fish. Are these cravings just psychological or is my body telling me that I need these foods. Did anybody else replace their cravings for smokes to craving something else?

It's likely because your taste buds now work and you are enjoying food and all it's varied flavours.

When I was back in school, I had a few ciggies, but decided to stop, I never got addicted though, I thought this was wierd. To this day I still wonder why I never got addicted.

Well I'm glad it's not just me! I only noticed 'cos I'm spending a fortune on food (though not on fags, which is a good thing). Perhaps I've just got an addictive personality....

you do tend to pack on the pounds once you have quit, instead of going for a fag every hour or so, its food instead :hihi:

I never had much time for carrots before I stopped, but now have them several times a week. Also lots of fruit like fresh pineapple and melon.

I put on a stone since stopping and am desperately trying to get rid of it.

I love chocolate but have had to force myself not to buy it anymore.

I never had much time for carrots before I stopped, but now have them several times a week. Also lots of fruit like fresh pineapple and melon.

I put on a stone since stopping and am desperately trying to get rid of it.

I love chocolate but have had to force myself not to buy it anymore.

Yes and I suppose one of the positives about eating plenty of fruit is that it makes you 'regualr down below'. When I gave up I had a bad case of the 'farmer Giles', not so now I tend to my fruit addiction

let there be a world with non smokers

When I was back in school, I had a few ciggies, but decided to stop, I never got addicted though, I thought this was wierd. To this day I still wonder why I never got addicted.

Just be thankful you didn't..your a very lucky person.