Men and women receiving flowers

I hope I don't appear to be sexist on this issue, but it appears that more women

than men, love to receive flowers, wether it be for a birthday, anniversary, Christmas, or love receiving flowers from a friend.

Now on the other hand, as a man Id sooner receive a bottle of whiskey, as a token of appreciation, or I'm I just being sexist.

If I went to my mates house and took him a bunch of flowers, Id probably receive a punch in the nose. (then again am I making an assumptions.)

I do like flowers but only in the setting of a garden, not as a token of appreciation. (Ill stick with my whiskey)

So do you like flowers, and do you send your man/women flowers to show your appreciation etc.

Take care

Edited by Joe-Public
Spelling mistakes

Flowers everytime! The bigger and fancier the (handtied) bunch the better, except carnations which are totally vile :)

I dont want flowers only chocolate.:rolleyes:

......................and a bottle of Blossom Hill Californian red wine(soft & fruity):roll:

I love flowers and I'm always happy to receive them.

I know many people that don't particularly like getting them, men and women. I do think it's an incredibly outdated view that a woman shouldn't buy flowers for a man. Why shouldn't she express appreciation with a token that is thought of as so beautiful by so many?

As for men buying other men flowers, why not... it's just a bit of a plant, not an engagement ring.

The problem with giving flowers to women is that they have an uncanny knack of recognising the '$2.99 from the garage' variety! :mad:

I like flowers but sometimes prefer a box of chocolates and a night in with a drink and film! flowers only last around a week but the memories of a nice lovely evening in will last a lot longer:)

The problem with giving flowers to women is that they have an uncanny knack of recognising the '$2.99 from the garage' variety! :mad:

That's because they're usually rubbish and usually bought specifically with the intention of getting into a ladies knickers:hihi::hihi:

Moving from Sheffield to General. Please start your threads in the appropriate forum area in future.

For the record, I love flowers and often give them to both women and men. I don't buy them for everyone though- there are women who don't like flowers just like there are men who do.

i love receiving flowers and fortunately my husband is good at buying them especially lilys and lisianthus which are my favourites. I've also sent him flowers on occasion and he loves that, in fact think i'll order him some now

Ive been on bereavement leave over the past few weeks, Ive just had a work colleague round who has brought me a lovely bunch of flowers, a box of chocolates and a cake, my work friends all had a collection. I love getting flowers, my husband also bought me 12 red roses yesterday :)

Its not that I dont like flowers, but being a gardener, I would rather see them growing in a garden.