How UKIP'y is your area?

I made a quick map showing UKIP support in Sheffield & Rotherham.

Figures are average percentages across last 3 years of council elections, because some years they didn't stand candidates in some wards.

https://postimg.org/image/7gtl5id6l/

How UKIP'y is it where you live?

Edited by 4England
to clarifiy, they are percentages

Considering UKIP makes up than less than 5% of the elected Local Councillors clearly its not very much.

Bear in mind that frog face farage is all busy brown nosing the curious orange, they have still failed to get anything above 1 MP, their membership is less than 33,000 in total and declining AND the fact that their sole party agenda is removed following their referendum, hopefully their demise will be swift.

Considering UKIP makes up than less than 5% of the elected Local Councillors clearly its not very much.

Bear in mind that frog face farage is all busy brown nosing the curious orange, they have still failed to get anything above 1 MP, their membership is less than 33,000 in total and declining AND the fact that their sole party agenda is removed following their referendum, hopefully their demise will be swift.

The purpose was to show levels of support for UKIP, rather than electoral success

Is support for a candidate or party not linked to success in elections?

Surely if a candidate is / isnt popular in an area that would be clearly reflected in said areas vote result wouldn't it.

Is support for a candidate or party not linked to success in elections?

Surely if a candidate is / isnt popular in an area that would be clearly reflected in said areas vote result wouldn't it.

Whether you deem x number as popular is up to you, it's not about who's won, just how much of the electorate supports UKIP

I have literally no idea what on earth you are asking.

How can you measure "support" for a party without looking at the number of people who vote for them. Support/popularity/vote numbers are all intrinsically linked. Its totally obvious that in the world of political parties, the support is reflected by the number of people who tick their name on election day.

If UKIP do well or even win in a specific area then clearly that specific area has a lot of UKIP supporters.

If UKIP die on their backside in a specific area then clearly that area doesnt have a lot of UKIP supporters.

Just look at wards where the 4 ukip councillors in SCC are. That answers how strongly UKIPy those areas are. Compare that the results of where they have totally failed and that shows how little UKIPy those areas are. All the figures are there for every area and every ward. Perfectly easy to see where the support is or isn't

You cant be suggesting there thousands of hidden and unrecorded UKIP "supporters" who not voting and are so far back in the political closet they are in Narnia.

Edited by ECCOnoob

pitsmoor, Darnall, tinsley etc and central sheff not big on the ukip front..I'm guessing??

didn't the bnp do well in parts of rotherham a few years back.. what happened to them?

didn't the bnp do well in parts of rotherham a few years back.. what happened to them?

like all fairy stories . . . the evil witch died at the end.

I have literally no idea what on earth you are asking.

How can you measure "support" for a party without looking at the number of people who vote for them. Support/popularity/vote numbers are all intrinsically linked. Its totally obvious that in the world of political parties, the support is reflected by the number of people who tick their name on election day.

If UKIP do well or even win in a specific area then clearly that specific area has a lot of UKIP supporters.

If UKIP die on their backside in a specific area then clearly that area doesnt have a lot of UKIP supporters.

Just look at wards where the 4 ukip councillors in SCC are. That answers how strongly UKIPy those areas are. Compare that the results of where they have totally failed and that shows how little UKIPy those areas are. All the figures are there for every area and every ward. Perfectly easy to see where the support is or isn't

You cant be suggesting there thousands of hidden and unrecorded UKIP "supporters" who not voting and are so far back in the political closet they are in Narnia.

I haven't asked you anything. These *are* numbers of people voting in percentages. There's no conspiracy here

---------- Post added 04-12-2016 at 13:57 ----------

pitsmoor, Darnall, tinsley etc and central sheff not big on the ukip front..I'm guessing??

I think the more affluent west-central parts of Sheffield are more LibDem/Green

Rock solid LibDem round here.

like all fairy stories . . . the evil witch died at the end.

I think one of them joined the National Front and then got kicked out for having had a brown girlfriend or something.

I

I think the more affluent west-central parts of Sheffield are more LibDem/Green

what about pitsmoor firvale Darnall burngreave broomhill sharrow netherthorpe etc ..why aren't the ukippers doing well there ??.

"west-central" is largely labour with pockets of green

Edited by WestTinsley