The best hoover for picking up dog hair

After having a Dyson DC14 for many years I was always happy with the results, and the suction of picking up pet hair, although quite heavy never had a problem with it. Happy with the extension to be able to do the stairs etc.

However as with anything a few months ago it was time to replace this.

I chose the modern version for picking up pet hair the DC50 oh boy what a big big mistake I hate it.

Yes its lighter but that's the only positive point.

The cylinder is tiny needs emptying constantly, it keeps jamming/blocking up, now won't extend to do the stairs without taking it with you.

So over all very disappointed and hate it big time. Rant over

Can anyone give me recommendations for hoovers that are good for households with pets.

I'm inclined to still want a plug in vacuum as been told the battery ones which ever make are never as powerful.

Thank you for any advice.

foods normally best for picking up doghair? the dog doesnt even have to be in the same room :(

I always buy Vax pet vacuums.The small squat ones not the uprights.

Never had any issues, parts are cheap (if for instance you drop it down the stairs and bust the cylinder).

I've actually heard professional cleaners who dislike the Dysons.

foods normally best for picking up doghair? the dog doesnt even have to be in the same room :(

I find a baby does the job, but only when it inadvertently escapes.

Sorry couldn't resist.

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 18:05 ----------

~I do like my Vax.

Sebo ,not cheap but worth every penny

Sebo ,not cheap but worth every penny ��

Just looked online they seem rather noisy most 81dc quietest 79dc and bagged or at least the ones I looked at.

:(

I always buy Vax pet vacuums.The small squat ones not the uprights.

Never had any issues, parts are cheap (if for instance you drop it down the stairs and bust the cylinder).

I've actually heard professional cleaners who dislike the Dysons.

Totally correct. Many car valeters swear by them. Totally robust and last for years :)

Car dog hairs I think are even worse. I know a man who literally picks every single hair with tweezers on super duper bad infested cars :gag:

I have a dyson animal which does the job great but about 5/6 years ago I went past someone throwing a vacuum in a skip I went and got it (wanted it for garage) it worked and it was the best vacuum I have had - never seen one before or found anything like it was black upright and said tesco on a little sticker on the back sadly it did break but it did a better job than a dyson I shoudve kept it and fixed it :rolleyes:

You can get rolls of carpet protector with a sticky backing that builders use. When it is taken up it leaves the carpet absolutely clean except for stains.

.....leaves the carpet absolutely clean except for stains.

erm.........?

I'm a Sebo fan. They're expensive but they're a joy to use and very effective and quiet, you can take all of the pipes and fittings off without any tools to clear blockages (usually of dog hair), they do use bags but they compact them incredibly well and are easy to change.

We use small Titan "industrial" wet and dry vac for everything.

Including sawdust extraction when I do some woodwork.

Attachment you put on end is more important then vac itself.

Cheapo rotary brush picks up all cat hair no problem.