Safe in the hands of the State.

UK INVESTIGATORY POWERS ACT

Your internet history is bare ,and probably will be saved by the State, thanks to the Investigatory Powers Act (and thanks to the P.M ).

" The new Investigatory Powers Act will force connection service providers in the UK to collect internet connection records (ICRs). Any VPN based in the United Kingdom is subject to these new laws. The Investigatory Powers Act expands existing surveillance laws and brings government mass surveillance into the Internet age.

The UK government can access 12 months of your Internet history and phone call records without a warrant. Investigators now also have an easier time to get a warrant to infiltrate and infect your computer or smartphone should they wish to investigate you further.

The best way to mask your internet connection records is by using a non-UK VPN service with no logs " .

Do such powers make us all safer from crime and terrorism ? Or do we all have a place reserved for us in the cooling tower (Film , Brazil ) ?

Edited by petemcewan

I don't care if my history is recorded as long as the police need extra permission to access it, such as a warrant from a judge, which is the case (from memory).

The Investigatory Powers Act brings into force a whole raft of new powers apart from this one regarding internet access, and you can bet your life it won't be long before they are being used to harass the population not protect them.

They have been passed into law with barely a mention in the media and certainly little popular discussion. What with secret courts etc, this seems to be the way we do things these days. We are becoming a police state, yet there is barely a murmur to stop it.

Because they have everyone scared witless about terrorism.

That's the plan.

Terrify people with propaganda and maybe the odd false flag, then step forward as the hero that can save them, and you can get away with murder.

Another example of the population being played like fiddles

I use Tor to look at anything political. It's very easy to download and use.

It's as if no one thinks their ISP already logs the sites they visit. Or that any web site you connect to can see your IP address unless you are using a VPN, in which case it sees the IP address of the VPN provider. Said VPN provider can still collect all your information and knows your originating IP address and is likely to be less regulated than your own ISP.

Frankly I'd rather trust my ISP than a VPN that apparently 'collects none of my data' yet exists outside of any easy form of consumer protection.

Maybe you should ask Sheffield Forum how long it keeps a record of your IP data and how it correlates it with your user data?

The best way to mask your internet connection records is by using a non-UK VPN service with no logs

Either that, or we all start flooding our electronic communications with terrorism or otherwise anti-goverment related keywords. #stopspyingonus

That said, I think you have to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of this; before engaging in any activity designed to debilitate their system. From where I'm sitting, I imagine the 'pros' have it, for now...

Look at mine anytime, nothing to see here. It's as simple as that I think.

Angel1.

Look at mine anytime, nothing to see here. It's as simple as that I think.

Angel1.

Same here. I've not looked at stuff I shouldn't, so feel free.

As a side note, people have been able to get hold of this stuff for years, thanks to the wonders of the Data Protection Act. I've had all sorts of personal data about people through my job. I've had people's educational records, means tests, credit histories, medical records - without their knowledge. The same mechanism - an application to a Court - will still be required I'd imagine.

The Investigatory Powers Act brings into force a whole raft of new powers apart from this one regarding internet access, and you can bet your life it won't be long before they are being used to harass the population not protect them.

They have been passed into law with barely a mention in the media and certainly little popular discussion. What with secret courts etc, this seems to be the way we do things these days. We are becoming a police state, yet there is barely a murmur to stop it.

Yes, I'm absolutely terrified that the government might be able to access my Sheffield Forum password or find out that I've just had a look at tomorrow's weather forecast. :loopy:

What secret courts are those? How do you know about them?

Can't be that secret then can they?

:roll: