Marine le pen.. another nail to the left ?

Will she win The French election  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will she win The French election

• Yes
    • No

Could she win in France? Will this be the final piece of the jigsaw that finally finishes the EU off? This has all the hallmarks of Brexit and Trump and I support her wholeheartedly but maybe this might be a step too far for tackling populist leftism, when I say I support her that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with her.

I don't think she will win. There are atm three main parties in France. When Le Pen's father stood for the Presidency about 13 years since the voters of the other two parties united to vote for Jacques Chirac, thus keeping Le Pen senior out. "Vote for the crook, not the Fascist" was the slogan at the time. I can't see why they wouldn't do this again.

That said, I never thought Trump would get elected either.

I don't think she will win. There are atm three main parties in France. When Le Pen's father stood for the Presidency about 13 years since the voters of the other two parties united to vote for Jacques Chirac, thus keeping Le Pen senior out. "Vote for the crook, not the Fascist" was the slogan at the time. I can't see why they wouldn't do this again.

That said, I never thought Trump would get elected either.

It's not 13 years ago and the world has changed, expect another upset!

It's not 13 years ago and the world has changed, expect another upset!

Won't really be an upset, if she wins. Her odds are 9/4 to be the next French President.

Guest sibon
when I say I support her that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with her.

Then what does it mean?

It is a pretty odd stance to support someone that you don't agree with. Especially as you probably don't have the first clue about the detail of her policies.

Then what does it mean?

It is a pretty odd stance to support someone that you don't agree with. Especially as you probably don't have the first clue about the detail of her policies.

Very presumptuous quote from you sibon. If I say I don't agree with her surely that's because I know what she's about? I support her because I want the European Union completely obliterated and this would be a giant step towards it more so than Brexit.

Could she win in France? Will this be the final piece of the jigsaw that finally finishes the EU off? This has all the hallmarks of Brexit and Trump and I support her wholeheartedly but maybe this might be a step too far for tackling populist leftism, when I say I support her that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with her.

Aah, Le French!

They spend 500 years invading Africa and the Middle East, plundering their natural resources, killing the natives, interfering in those countries' governments and generally lording it over them.

Sorry, did that come out wrong?

I meant to say Le French spent 500 years colonising those nations and expanding the French empire.

And yet, after only a couple of years of immigration from those same countries in the opposite direction, Le French are demanding a right-wing government "do something about dem foreign invaders and save our culture and our way of life" Wah Wah Wah!"

Cheese-eating surrender monkeys indeed :hihi:

Nevertheless, there is much we can learn from Le French. We don't need a monarchy either :clap:

Viva Le France!

Or is it Vive La France :huh:

Will she win ? I don't know,so I can't take place in the poll, but if she does it's democracy in action just the same as Trump and brexit.

There has been political "earthquakes" in Britain and the US just recently with Brexit and Trump, but in the absolute heart of Europe I don't think such a big thing will be allowed to happen...just look at what happened in Austria recently.

---------- Post added 20-11-2016 at 14:03 ----------

Aah, Le French!

They spend 500 years invading Africa and the Middle East, plundering their natural resources, killing the natives, interfering in those countries' governments and generally lording it over them.

I meant to say Le French spent 500 years colonising those nations and expanding the French empire.

And yet, after only a couple of years of immigration from those same countries in the opposite direction, Le French are demanding a right-wing government "do something about dem foreign invaders and save our culture and our way of life" Wah Wah Wah!"

Nevertheless, there is much we can learn from Le French. We don't need a monarchy either :clap:

Viva Le France!

Do you think that people of today are at fault for historic colonialism?

The EU will give the UK the worst possible terms for Brexit to dissuade the French from voting FN

Aah, Le French!

Viva Le France!

Joker,

When the circumstances -as described in the link- obtain. The far right emerges with its stinking repugnant nationalism and xenophobia. They think they are going to have it all their own way- in their dreams.

http://time.com/4075396/far-right-politics-rise-europe/

Edited by petemcewan

The EU will give the UK the worst possible terms for Brexit to dissuade the French from voting FN

As any Brexit is at least 2 years away I doubt that will be taken into account in any of the coming EU countries elections starting next year. It could however have the opposite effect in spurring the discontent in the EU in a "the UK wants out why cant we" kind of attitude.