How difficult is it to get a council house?

How hard isit to get a council house i cant wait to get one. In a bungalow thats to small if anybody wants to swap :)

practically impossible. are you in council at the moment? take a look at first come first served properties..

it will be impossible if you dont register by the way ;)

Im on the list ive got nearly a year and my partner nearly 4 year still hard. No im in private in a bungalow wouldnt mind a swap for a council house in s5 as im wanting to buy eventully cheers

So how much is council house rent?

and therein lies your problem.

the right to buy has desecrated all the social housing stock. It is because of this policy that social housing is so difficult to get and so valued when it is got.

Im in private bungalow would be ideal for a elderly person or couple who wants to give up there house and possibly are wnting a swap but i dont think many elderly would be on hear

Im in private bungalow would be ideal for a elderly person or couple who wants to give up there house and possibly are wnting a swap but i dont think many elderly would be on hear

you be surprised who is on here ie silver surfers: :thumbsup :clap::

you be surprised who is on here ie silver surfers: :thumbsup :clap::

As many "elderly" as callow youths like you.

If your household is just you and your partner, you will only be eligible for a one bedroomed property from the council now. Not many houses with just one bedroom!

Exchanges aren't normally possible between social housing (council and housing association) tenants and private tenants.

PS: I'm a silver surfer.