Sign in to follow this  

The Sims

I was just wondering if anyone else has been addicted to this game. Now ive finished my a-levels and the boyfriends got a full time job i play on this godforsaken game all the damn time.

When i was a kiddie i used to get addicted to games like mario or sonic in winter when i couldnt play out and never stopped playing til id completed them, but with The Sims its different.

Can the Sims be completed?? What happens when theyve all been promoted to the highest level and theyre all friends 100% Will it be completed then or does it carry on forever?

Please say theres a way of completing or ill still be playing when im 70!

PS; i havent got any add ons for it, i darent even go there!

oh, I've heard bad things about the sims. A friend of mine started playing a few years ago - haven't seen her since.

AFAIK its pretty open ended, and there is no goal.

It's not as pretty, but Creatures is quite an interesting 'game' along similar principles.

I love sims - We orginally downloaded it from KaZaa but I liked it so much I bought the orginals and add ons.

I have gotten bored of it since and have gone on to complete Age of Mythologies instead.

I am now annoying my husband with Cultures 2 which is slow going but hubbies boss is addicted to it aswell, so we pass hints to each other.

Moon Maiden

Age of Mythology is Soooooooooooo good!

I love those type of games, which is why I like Warcraft III!

I don't think there is a goal, or way to complete the Sims - from what I can tel, it's just like a virtual doll house.

I got addicted to Civilization on the Amiga

I was addicted to Battle Isle and Settlers for the AMIGA!

Top gaming!

on the Amiga, I thought Starglider II and Carrier Command were both quite superb too.

In fact the Amiga really was a splendid gaming platform, even my little old Amiga 500 (no HDD or nuffink)

I always had the Amiga 500 and never used the Amiga 500+ or Amiga 600.

There were fault with those machines and some of the games needed Amiga 500 Emulators to load up n play!

My Original A500 played everything first time with no worries.

Plus the games were 'free', obviously not technically free but i never ever bought one and I sold mine with over 200 games!

Starglider II. Now there's a blast from the past. I used to love those space whales.

Elite was great too. Although I never did manage to get the Viper(?).

There were some great games on the Amiga - Alien Breed was always good in 2 player mode - there's now a version in production for the PS2 too.

http://www.winuae.net/ for anyone who's interested - you'll need a Kickstart ROM, but there's shed loads of games available for it.

Originally posted by kittykat

I was just wondering if anyone else has been addicted to this game. Now ive finished my a-levels and the boyfriends got a full time job i play on this godforsaken game all the damn time.

When i was a kiddie i used to get addicted to games like mario or sonic in winter when i couldnt play out and never stopped playing til id completed them, but with The Sims its different.

Can the Sims be completed?? What happens when theyve all been promoted to the highest level and theyre all friends 100% Will it be completed then or does it carry on forever?

Please say theres a way of completing or ill still be playing when im 70!

PS; i havent got any add ons for it, i darent even go there!

Oh no! Dont say that! Ive got visions of me turning into a recluse.

For the past few nights my dreams have been sim like, with normal dream situations happening but the people in them having the mood bar at the bottom and when something on it gets low theyll get it up again by eating/playing games etc.

Ive got a feeling i wont be saved from this state of sim hell til im at uni and have things to do. 3 months to go!