Whats your favourite TV program?

Originally posted by "geoffbowen"

Scrubs.... 8)

Does anyone watch Oz - the American prison drama?

Yeah... dude that show is well graphic!

I like FRIENDS... almost got all of em on DVD.

Law & Order CH5 Sat c 10pm

Law & Order SVU weeknights Hallmark 10pm

Both extremely well acted and fantastic storylines. Top drawer American drama.

My favourite TV programme is back next Tuesday The Shield 10:50 Channel 5 :D

Heartbeat and Friends. Like The Royal, spin off from Heartbeat.

Family Guy. It's so much funnier and wittier than the Simpsons which has sadly lost it's edge nowadays.

Scrubs Scrubs Scrubs Scrubs Scrubs! If you haven't seen it, watch it soon and laugh your arse off.

And CSI is great for some less-than-taxing viewing.

24 is the daddy, tho. Thank god for BBC3 and the extra episode.

Originally posted by caprice

TV programme and why?

Does anyone else like sex and the city?

I love Sex and the City! I find it hilarious! :lol:

Not a big fan of TV any more to be honest - it's been dumbed down so much in recent years that it's almost become a mental contraceptive.

I'll watch the odd documentary, and one or two programs (usually comedies), but on the whole I try to avoid TV... if it's not yet another twist on the DIY front, it's "reality" TV about failed celebrities, cleaners, etc. or bloody soaps.

Anyway, for fear of wearing my soapbox out, I'll leave it there, lol.

Originally posted by waxy chuff

Scrubs Scrubs Scrubs Scrubs Scrubs! If you haven't seen it, watch it soon and laugh your arse off.

And CSI is great for some less-than-taxing viewing.

24 is the daddy, tho. Thank god for BBC3 and the extra episode.

24 is ace, Jack the man. Thank god for the internet because I finished watching the series a long long time ago :D

I missed the first few episodes of the first series so didn't watch it while on TV. I waited for it on DVD and watched it in 3 sittings.

When the second series started I couldn't go through all the waiting each week, don't know how people do! even with BB3 you still have to wait a week for the next episode. So I looked and found the first 16 episodes, downloaded and watched. Then I had actually caught up with USA so had to wait a few weeks then downloaded the rest! (http://www.fasttrackmovies.com)

I won't give anything away! :)

I also love Six feet under, but like many E4 viewers am desperately waiting for the 3rd series.

Friends is cool.

And all the late night debate programmes, and documentries, they are good.

Anyone been watching the Miss Evans operations series on Channel 4? Did you see the sex change one? Last nights was good too. Love those sorts of things.

A favourite at the moment is something called 'Locke And Key' on Netflix. A 'different worlds/different dimensions' thing. Started watching it with my grandkids and had to turn it off sharply after a scene where a young boy is thrown under a Tube train. It has hints of Roger Zelazny's 'Nine Princes In Amber' and 'The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe'.  It's dark, therefore very watchable.

It does drag slightly in places, mainly where they go the overly-routine American high-school angst route. However, 5 episodes in and I'm very impressed (even though I'm hardly their target audience).

12 hours ago, wearysmith said:

A favourite at the moment is something called 'Locke And Key' on Netflix. A 'different worlds/different dimensions' thing. Started watching it with my grandkids and had to turn it off sharply after a scene where a young boy is thrown under a Tube train. It has hints of Roger Zelazny's 'Nine Princes In Amber' and 'The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe'.  It's dark, therefore very watchable.

It does drag slightly in places, mainly where they go the overly-routine American high-school angst route. However, 5 episodes in and I'm very impressed (even though I'm hardly their target audience).

You win the prize for thread necromancy - it's pushing on 17 years old!

I found Locke and Key dipped alarmingly after 6 episodes to the point I think I left it hanging....

Favourite shows, Lost, Banshee, early American Horror Story (latest series not what they were). My lunchtime viewing has brought Leverage back to my attention. It's stood up very well.