Sign in to follow this  

The Trip

Has anyone seen this film? Apparently it was banned 35 years ago and has just been given the all clear by sensors earlier this month. It has been granted an 18 certificate. The film was written by Jack Nicholson and stars Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda. The film is about experimenting with hallucinogenic drugs. It's undecided whether or not the film will be released in Britain on DVD or Video but if it does then there will be no cuts.

You mean this?

Review

What a disappointment. I remember seeing PSCYH OUT years ago and finding it a very interesting movie, filled with good acting (Jack Nicholson, etc) and great music (Strawberry Alarm Clock at their best). This "shortened" version is a crime, and what did they could out scenes so unnecessarily for: THE TRIP (One of the worst movies on the 60s!).

I had seen THE TRIP, this poor excuse of a movie with Peter Fonda acting like an idiot, years ago but somehow forgot how truly awful an experience watching it can be. Not since HEAD (Monkees movie made in 1968 ) has there a movie that lacks any plot development; the whole thing is just an excuse to throw in weird psychedelic images and loud, rowdy music form that era. At least with PSYCH OUT you get the idea that there can be fun times involved and not people going in and out of sanity, showing a dreamlike world (as DR STRANGE does in the comic series).! Dennis Hopper was better than Peter Fonda or Bruce Dern, but no acting can save this stinker. What a waste of time!

Yes that looks like the one. Not a very good review. I am just trying to understand why it was banned for 35 years.