End of phone contract

Another happy giffgaff user.Was with orange before

As a new mobile phone user (thanks to ElCid :)) I went for a SIM free phone and get a Pay As You Go £10 SIM from Three. That gives me land-line and mobile calls for .03p, texts for .02p and internet browsing for .01p/MB, also included is an allowance of 150MB Data. Not too bothered about using it for the internet as I prefer my PC with a big screen for that.

With some SIM's it seems that if you don't use your allowance within the month, you have to top up again. This SIM does not need to be renewed every month like most and only when needed.

Slightly off topic.. they also do a SIM router with 20GB data for I think £10PM.

Edited by apelike

Another vote for GiffGaff here - now how many operators let you know you are spending too much? If just for calls, a £10 top up can last up to 3 months with free calls to other GiffGaff numbers. My Data payments were £10 per month and I was advised I was paying too much and that I should only be on the £7.50 plan! Go GiffGaff! :D

My sim only deal with EE has a month to run, called them to innocently ask if I had to pay to have my phone unlocked to move to Tesco as I got more for less and the price with EE was going up, they instantly matched (very very slightly bettered) the Tesco deal so I have stayed with them, they wouldn't give me club card points though.

Have a look on U Switch to see what deals are out there to suit you and your usage. I use this as a negotiation tool when threatening to leave!

I'm a heavy user and get everything unlimited apart from 12gb tether and "feel at home" on my SIM only plan.

If you don't make a lot of calls or use a lot of data, Three PAYG is by far the cheapest.

Mobile Conference in Barcelona starts on Monday so i would wait to see whats on the way LG G6 is one,then March Samsung will announce the Galaxy S8 and released in April

I've just moved to VF SIMO, from EE and i'm finding the 4g much faster!! I'm on the 20gb/ult/ult deal for £20/m with £65 quidco.

Great deal if you're looking for ample data.

Agree with GiffGaff, or BT if you are broadband customer with you as you get £5 a month off which makes their deals pretty decent. Both are sim only so you'd need to use your own phone. If you can afford to buy a phone outright then that always works out cheaper as otherwise you end up effectively buying the phone on credit over 2 years (24 month contract).

I'm with three and a 12 month sim only deal that just came to an end, managed to negotiate the same package I was on from £16/month to £10/month.