Mystery shoulder pain

:D

this!

:D....................

Edited by Solomon1

This! As a sufferer of regular shoulder and wrist issues, and tennis elbow I can tell you using a computer all day is really bad for you!

Same for me. A bad desk set-up in a previous job left me with seriously painful musculo-skeletal issues in my left shoulder.

As others have said it could be muscle strain from repetitive work or from a bad workstation set-up or it could be the result of sleeping in a weird position for your neck. Go to the doctors and speak to them about it and maybe speak to an occupational therapist/workplace assessor if that kind of thing is available to you.

Also a good idea to get up from the desk regularly and walk about a bit, roll your shoulders, have a stretch. It really does help.

It's a lot better today. I don't have the best posture when I'm sat at my desk, I got myself a footrest Tuesday in an effort to force myself to sit up properly and stop crossing my legs. I also tend to sit cross legged or on one foot. It has never really bothered me before though, apart from my foot going numb. I've just taken it as a sign of getting older (just turned 32 lol), and that I need to be more careful.

I tried to do some stretches today too. Hopefully it won't happen again :)

You may need to get more exercise too.

I do cycle (although that doesn't really exercise your shoulders I suppose). I haven't this week because I had to drive Monday through Wednesday anyway to do the school run, and I've tested my shoulder the rest of the week.

THIS is the part people don't realise!

Gonna get back ache, neck, shoulders etc

If sat on your ass all day! :hihi:

The more active and mobile you are

The less mobility issues and pain :nod:

Try some Ti Chi (not how the Chinese would spell it I know) stretching and strengthening exersizes, but perhaps not in the office.

I think I'm going to visit the doctor over this, because it has happened again the last few days. It was twinging slightly on Tuesday/Wednesday last week, then Saturday morning it became quite painful, and I had to drive 60 miles. My partner said it sounds like a trapped nerve, and I did wake up this morning with pins and needles in my hand. Any twisting movement causes a jolt of pain. Getting up from laying back on the sofa hurts :( I thought it was getting better today but I think I've done too much now.

I have started doing more exercise since the last time it happened. I do pole fitness classes each week, which involve using my arms and shoulders a lot to lift my own bodyweight. My arms are getting stronger because of this. This shouldn't have caused the shoulder problem because I wasn't doing it back in May when it first occurred.

Time for the doctors I suppose, although by the time I can get a routine appointment, it will (hopefully) be better.

I think I'm going to visit the doctor over this, because it has happened again the last few days. It was twinging slightly on Tuesday/Wednesday last week, then Saturday morning it became quite painful, and I had to drive 60 miles. My partner said it sounds like a trapped nerve, and I did wake up this morning with pins and needles in my hand. Any twisting movement causes a jolt of pain. Getting up from laying back on the sofa hurts :( I thought it was getting better today but I think I've done too much now.

I have started doing more exercise since the last time it happened. I do pole fitness classes each week, which involve using my arms and shoulders a lot to lift my own bodyweight. My arms are getting stronger because of this. This shouldn't have caused the shoulder problem because I wasn't doing it back in May when it first occurred.

Time for the doctors I suppose, although by the time I can get a routine appointment, it will (hopefully) be better.

I think all any of us can do on a forum, is recount issues, we've personally had...Rather than make any kind of diagnosis. It's up to you, if something someone says 'rings a bell' in your personal circumstances.

I once suffered from bad shoulder pain, to the point where I was unable to lift my arm above head height. Diagnosis (from the doc)?...Frozen shoulder. It took a good six months to sort out, with anti-inflammatory drugs and physio. But as I said, that's only 'my' experience.

In my recent experience of should pain, the GP was rubbish. A new GP, I had pins n needles, pain etc; had the xrays and when I go back to see this GP he didnt seem to know what to do.

I suggested a blood test, but my sister had the xray and then the diagnosis was confirmed.

I feel more pain in my side side, yet the xray says wear on the right side. Ringing up today chase up these blood tests.