Rented a house with debt, no basic services like gas

Hi,

I just rented a house via an agency and I'm having a problem, because the agent dosen't gaved me what supposed to be obvious,

Like and the first day there was no light, no working fridge, no light in the garage and most importly no gas, im sitting over a week in the house where i can't turn on the radiators and have hot water, which cause me 2yr old girl being sick.

I cant make him to do all the things that he promised me to be on the day that i'm going to move in.

The list of things is quiet long.

Any chances that I can go to the Council or CAB to help me sort this out?

It's rediciulous to live in a house without any gas for over a week especially when you having a little girl with you.

Cheers

Find the gas meter and check that the gas pipe isn't switched off there is often a lever to stop the gas flowing. Might be an idea to get a friend or neighbour in who can look over things for you as you're obviously struggling

Yea unless it's been cut off by the gas board it's probably just the isolator on the gas meter.

Mines a red handle, pull down for gas, pull up for no gas.

I just rented a house via an agency and I'm having a problem, because the agent dosen't gaved me what supposed to be obvious,

Like and the first day there was no light, no working fridge, no light in the garage and most importly no gas, im sitting over a week in the house where i can't turn on the radiators and have hot water, which cause me 2yr old girl being sick.

I cant make him to do all the things that he promised me to be on the day that i'm going to move in.

The list of things is quiet long.

Any chances that I can go to the Council or CAB to help me sort this out?

It's rediciulous to live in a house without any gas for over a week especially when you having a little girl with you.

You're right; BUT the Letting Agent (A) who represents the Landlord (L) is not liable for these defects.

However, L is! Your rights are against L, not against A.

Find the gas meter and check that the gas pipe isn't switched off there is often a lever to stop the gas flowing. Might be an idea to get a friend or neighbour in who can look over things for you as you're obviously struggling

if the gas is off,do not turn on as it may escape from untested pipework,poor fittings etc.

It may simply be that the gas was cut off because the previous tenant had a debt, in which case you can contact the gas supplier and get it put into your name and thus have the supply re-connected. If it is a pre-payment meter, then you just need to get a payment card from the gas supplier and then you can top it up and get gas.

You can get help from the Citizens Advice Bureau for this and many other problems, I highly recommend them.

Hi,

Wanna thank yall for all the RE:,

If did sort it out somehow with the agent, some strong words and arguments helped me to make him bring the gas alive in a minute :)

Thanks

Cheers

If you're paying for the gas now either monthly or quarterly then make sure you supply the meter readings to the gas company as they read now. If you don't you might find yoursselves paying for the gas used by the last tenant.