Wisewood Inn reopening

I've just received an email, copied and pasted below:

A couple of weeks ago the sale was completed to a group of local business men who have spent the last 2 weeks renovating the whole building. I have been brought in along with my team to help get the pub of the ground.

the new look Wisewood is now a free house so there will be plenty of new beers to choose from. The 1st 3 hand pull beers will be Bakewell best by peak ales, Stancill no7 and bradfield farmers blonde. Along side this we will also be having two keg beers one from thornbridge called Chiron and from Abbeydale Mosaic.

Along side these there will be a wide range of German beers some on draft and others in bottle.

The kitchen has also been complete refurbished and will be serving food on a daily basis with a full menu and daily chefs specials.

The top two bars have been complete transformed and the bottom bar turned into a German theme bar

Heather Gamwells

Bus 31/31A/84 stop outside the pub on the way up to Loxley.

At the weekend the word locally was that Bradfield Brewery are partly involved, and a regular at the Nags Head was one of the local business' that are also part owners.

Apparantly due to open next Wednesday, 14th.

Great, another pub selling farmers bland.

will be nice to see some ales on the pumps, my recent visits have not been good = 1 ale on other pumps empty.

I hope it does well.

:thumbsup:

Great, another pub selling farmers bland.

Stancill, Abbeydale, Continental beers, Thornbridge all mentioned as well as B/Blonde, and food menu, bit of a refurb...just no pleasing some people. ...and that's before it's even reopened! Jeez. Give something a chance for lords sake. :roll:

Has anyone been yet? I'm going to try and get up there at some point in the next week or so. Bus 31 stops outside the front door (as does the 84 until the end of the month!).

Has anyone been yet? I'm going to try and get up there at some point in the next week or so. Bus 31 stops outside the front door (as does the 84 until the end of the month!).

Yes, unfortunately for prospective customers, and for many other people who live on that stretch of Loxley road, there is one more week of the 84 passing the door- after that, even the 31A is going straight over Ben Lane to Loxley, so there will only be 1 bus an hour, the 31, instead of 5 an hour at peak times.

Yes, unfortunately for prospective customers, and for many other people who live on that stretch of Loxley road, there is one more week of the 84 passing the door- after that, even the 31A is going straight over Ben Lane to Loxley, so there will only be 1 bus an hour, the 31, instead of 5 an hour at peak times.

Yes you've been to the pub we're discussing or yes 31 is the right bus?

Are the new owners going to have a firework display, does anybody know? Always been a great night there for the last 6/7 years that we have been! Got something to live up to from previous owners!