Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

Hi, Does anyone know about carboot at Tesco Infirmary road? Nobody answers the phone given.

Thanks

Sheffield Transport Club - Car Boot - Bank Holiday Monday - 9th April

Greenhill Main Road, S8 7RH.

Cars £8, Car & Trailers or small Vans £13 (Includes £2 pre-pay discount)

Start selling 0845 to 1300.

Pre pay advised available behind the bar from Wednesday 28th between 1900 to 2100 each night.

Hello,

So I need a little help regarding selling at a car boot.

Never done it before but have loads of things I need to get rid of.

Firstly, which car boot is a good one to sell at? I'm wanting to do it Easter weekend.

Secondly, how do I go about booking a pitch? Do I do it on the day?

Thanks in advance.

Laura

Hi, Does anyone know about carboot at Tesco Infirmary road? Nobody answers the phone given.

Thanks

when I called them last month, they were 'in discussion' about the first one being week after Easter, although it wasn't 100% confirmed. If anyone who shops there could shed any light, I am sure if would be much appreciated :help::hihi::D

when I called them last month, they were 'in discussion' about the first one being week after Easter, although it wasn't 100% confirmed. If anyone who shops there could shed any light, I am sure if would be much appreciated :help::hihi::D

Thanks for your reply!

Hello,

So I need a little help regarding selling at a car boot.

Never done it before but have loads of things I need to get rid of.

Firstly, which car boot is a good one to sell at? I'm wanting to do it Easter weekend.

Secondly, how do I go about booking a pitch? Do I do it on the day?

Thanks in advance.

Laura

Laura

Depends which day suits you and how early you want to get up.

Saturday afternoon (you need to be there for 11.30 ish) - Twin Oaks (Jnc 29 off M1)

Sunday Morning/Monday morning - Marsh Lane (Eckington)- you need to be there for 6am -ish

Both Twin Oaks/Marsh Lane are car boots on fields, and as such you don't need to book, just turn up. If the weather is nice, either is ideal.

Take plenty of change and carrier bags as invariably you'll need both.

Keep your money in a safe place, and if you have any valuable items to sell (Phones/jewellery etc etc) put them in a place you can keep a godd eye on them.

Take your own flask and sandwiches, and loo roll!!!

Jim

Active8 Sheffield will be hosting their 5th annual charity fun day this year in support of two causes very close to our hearts, Weston Park Hospital and Barnsley Hospice cancer charities! The event will take place on Sunday 8th July 2012.

We have had a change of venue this year from our usual site at Ecclesfield and decided to move to one of our other sites in Crosspool, King Edwards Lower School. We plan to have fairground rides, bouncy castles, animal shows, BBQ's, a car boot sale and much MUCH more!

We would love your support in any way, shape or form to raise money for these two fantastics charities! Whether you feel you can help us out by offering something on the day, want to have a pitch at our car boot sale or just attend on the day to show your support that would be great!

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any enquiries. Either call us on 01142402308 or alternatively e-mail info.active8sheffield@interserve.com.

do anyone know if they is any car boots this weekend please.

hi

is Bowshaw car boot any good to sell at? I was considering marsh lane but Bowshaw is nearer and at £1 a pitch, not £9 wont eat into any profit I do make. Its my first car boot so not sure what to expect!

Also any idea what people would expect to be asked for brand clothing items? e.g jeans and shoes

Thanks!

hi

is Bowshaw car boot any good to sell at? I was considering marsh lane but Bowshaw is nearer and at £1 a pitch, not £9 wont eat into any profit I do make. Its my first car boot so not sure what to expect!

Also any idea what people would expect to be asked for brand clothing items? e.g jeans and shoes

Thanks!

Lynsey i have never sold at Bowshaw before but are you sure that they are only charging £1 to sell because the Council takes £5 per stall, so i carnt see that been right... Unless it is a one off or for charity and then the council dont charge.

I would recomend going to a well known / established carboot E.G Oldcoates, Doncaster or the saturday one (Twin oakes)

Because these well know ones have LOADS of buyers.

Hope this helps you

Lynsey i have never sold at Bowshaw before but are you sure that they are only charging £1 to sell because the Council takes £5 per stall, so i carnt see that been right... Unless it is a one off or for charity and then the council dont charge.

I would recomend going to a well known / established carboot E.G Oldcoates, Doncaster or the saturday one (Twin oakes)

Because these well know ones have LOADS of buyers.

Hope this helps you

Its only what I was told and then it says on the front page buyers and sellers £1 so I assumed it was right!

If not Bowshaw were thinking Marsh Lane, as Twin Oaks is abit of a trek for us!

Thanks for the info