Did You Live In Shiregreen?

Hi did you live in shiregreen?................

Edited by nikki-red

Hi, just thought I'd leave a reply as no one else has.

can't seem to find your thread but anyway I used to be from shiregreen but now live down south......there you are ...1 reply

I used to live on Shiregreen, 1963 to 1974. I expect it has changed a bit since then. Is there many shops on Paper Mill Lane now?

I was brung up on newman road, moved to jepson road when i was 6, then moved out of the area when i was 16.

usd to go to concord middle school when it was in its old place:D

I used to live on Shiregreen, 1963 to 1974. I expect it has changed a bit since then. Is there many shops on Paper Mill Lane now?

There were but two the last time I passed. A newsagent and an Indian takeaway!!

I used to live in Shiregreen Lane 40 years ago, across road from Concord Park swings..I sometime go back home and have look round the area... I went last Summer, and everything looked smaller than I remember.

I lived at 22 Deep Lane during the war, and my grandparents Billy and Louisa Wood lived on the other side at 23. My brother Philip is 14 years younger than me and he went to a school on Shiregreen. Can’t remember which, but the Headmistress was Miss Glossop who was also head of Hunter’s Bar Infants School while I was there.

There's a nice book by Bryan Woodriff on Shire Green, Wincobank and Ecclesfield memories.

I was born and bred on Shiregreen and left in 1964. I still visit a friend who still lives on Shiregreen and each time I go I am appalled as to how the estate has gone downhill.

• Like 1

Its not that bad.Its no worse than any others.:)

Its not that bad.Its no worse than any others.:)

Sorry to say that is that bad. People who live on the estate have no respect for grass verges or for the upkeep of their own gardens. Often the worst offenders are the ones who have moved from elsewhere and bought the property from the council. Shops open until late and actively encourage loitering youths some of whose parents work at the premises in question. (Co-op)

• Like 1

Agree with what your saying about shops late at night but there are people who take pride in their homes and gardens.Not everyone lets there kids out at night and a lot of the youths are good kids its the minority that give the rest a bad name.I didnt say it was perfect we know its gone down hill but so have a lot of places in sheffield.