Yorkshire pudding in sheffield where are they?

We are living in Yorkshire, I am not from yorkshire, but is Aunt bessie working in sheffield or is there somewhere else to buy a great yorkshire pudding from? Or is it a fresh made thing if so where do you go? Any pubs people know of my boys love these things:love:

We are living in Yorkshire, I am not from yorkshire, but is Aunt bessie working in sheffield or is there somewhere else to buy a great yorkshire pudding from? Or is it a fresh made thing if so where do you go? Any pubs people know of my boys love these things:love:

Nearly everybody uses frozen yorkshire puddings now.Every supermarket sells them(they are already made) but frozen,and just need 3-4 mins in a hot oven.They arent a patch on the home made Yorkshire puddings though, and Im sure someone will come up with the recipe.The pubs also serve frozen ones.

if anyone has the recipe please let me know, can't believe pubs use frozen ones:mad:

plain flour, 3 eggs, milk, pinch of salt .... mix well to a thickish but runny consistancy ....

heat your oil in the oven till its spitting ...... then add mixture, make sure the ovens really hot!

plain flour, 3 eggs, milk, pinch of salt

Better tell her how much flour. :thumbsup:

I always, beat 3 eggs with some milk, then beat in about 100gms of flour a bit at at a time,with about 1/4 tea spoon salt, if its too thick add some water, heat the oven until realy hot,

put some oil or lard in big oven tin,or the smaller individual ones, and

heat, then add the mixture, should take about 20mins to cook.

i only use 2 eggs and half milk half water , been making them for 35 years no problems that way .

you only need 4oz flour, 3 eggs, pinch of salt and 1/2pt milk. all you have to do is put your oven on high, put a bit of oil in a pudding tin and put it in oven till it gets red hot. while this is heating up, just place the eggs, flour salt and milk in a bowl and beat it all together, when the oil is boiling pour the batter in the tin and place in the oven till its cooked, it only takes a few minutes, its as simple as that. hope this helps you out, or you could always put a search in google, you can get the recipe there too.

There's a cafe by the Cathedral that does 'em if you don't want to make your own. I don't know about Sheffield, but there is a pub in Skidby near Hull, The Half Moon, which is renowned for it's enormous filled puds. Veggie and non-veggie fillings, e.g. Lamb & Gravy, sausage & onion, chilli etc. Nice beer too.

you only need 4oz flour, 3 eggs, pinch of salt and 1/2pt milk. all you have to do is put your oven on high, put a bit of oil in a pudding tin and put it in oven till it gets red hot. while this is heating up, just place the eggs, flour salt and milk in a bowl and beat it all together, when the oil is boiling pour the batter in the tin and place in the oven till its cooked, it only takes a few minutes, its as simple as that. hope this helps you out, or you could always put a search in google, you can get the recipe there too.

I love the savoury ones, with chopped onion and Sage.

My Gran used to make the worlds best sage & onion or seasoned Yorkshire Pud. My Dad used to eat the plain yorkshire pud after Sunday Lunch with either Jam or Marmalade on it - The dirty evil little B****ard !