Henry Boot :Lorries

Could anyone please tell me what colour Henry Boot lorries were in the 1960's.If anyone could put a photo on, that would be great.

Most were grey, black or white (according to the black and white photos of the time) :-)

Well what a wag...Not !

Sensible replies only please, and none through rose tinted specs either !!:roll:

Were they red and yellow or am I thinking of Jimmy Childs?

James Childs demolition, are they still around ?

Hi,

I don't know, I really need a definite answer and a photo!! thanks for having a think though Jim. Jimmy Child's were green and cream I think, but that was going to be my next question, does anyone have a colour photo of James Child lorry and/or Henry Boot lorry please ?

---------- Post added 19-05-2017 at 09:56 ----------

James Childs demolition, are they still around ?

I don't think they are. They were the backdrop to my childhood ! I never ever saw a clean one as they were always covered in dust and muck !

Hi,

I don't know, I really need a definite answer and a photo!! thanks for having a think though Jim. Jimmy Child's were green and cream I think, but that was going to be my next question, does anyone have a colour photo of James Child lorry and/or Henry Boot lorry please ?

---------- Post added 19-05-2017 at 09:56 ----------

I don't think they are. They were the backdrop to my childhood ! I never ever saw a clean one as they were always covered in dust and muck !

Gleasons red, Flanagans green, Boots black and white?, and Wimpey?

Edited by trastrick

Thanks Mafya, that logo pic was quite helpful.

Could anyone please tell me what colour Henry Boot lorries were in the 1960's.If anyone could put a photo on, that would be great.

Worked a couple of years for Boots {railway side,dronfield}. Definitely Yellow with black writing.

Worked a couple of years for Boots {railway side,dronfield}. Definitely Yellow with black writing.

Thanks, that's really interesting, could you tell me what period of time it was ?

Yes, I was thinking a dark yellow, almost amber?