What has happened to The Property Guide..

I've bought The Sheffield Telegraph for years just for The Property Guide inside but now it's disappeared ! I thought at first it was just the Easter holidays then the May Bank holiday but no it's gone for good.! I asked in a well known estate agents office why they don't advertise in there now and they said because it got too expensive. They also don't have mailing lists like they used to. The woman said You'll have to go on Right Move ! Does that mean that all house sales are online now ?

I used to buy it for the same reason, but haven't bothered recently. The money goes on essentials instead.

The property pages are obsolete now and I usually already know about the news and features having read about them on SF or SkyscraperCity. So no reason to buy it any more. I still flick through it if I see one lying about. It's a good paper but its days must be numbered in the current format.

Edited by Bilge

It wouldn't even occur for me to look in a newspaper if I was buying a house. When I bought a couple of years ago I went to Rightmove, like most people do.

I suppose contacting Estate Agents and getting on their books has it advantages. The house we bought never even made it to Rightmove. We were known to YourMove and got to view it even before it went online, we offered on it and vendor accepted within 24 hours.

YourMove knew how serious we were and knew we weren't in a chain so we were a good prospect.