Windows 10 Creators Update Problems

Has anyone installed the creators update on Windows 10, what a nightmare, out of the four pc's in the house only one can be updated, the other three stay stuck at 87 percent and stay there, apparently forever, so they have to be turned off and windows reverts back to a previous version.

I installed from the latest W10 iso, you have to use the W10 creation tool to get the iso ( all a bit of a faf ).

Make sure you select the correct option to retain your current apps.

The other thing I found was ensure the computer is hard-wired to the router,

Install time a little over 2 hours.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

I've given up on the creator edition for now Mikes10, it was doing my head in waiting so I simply interrupted the install and then it reverted back to a previous install, not sure what would have happened had I left them, would it have eventually installed or would it just stay at 87 percent forever.

I have only updated 5 machines

the first is my W10 preview it's an old asus motherboard and GT 8600 graphics card, I'm amazed it works

The remainder are all HP laptops originally running win8/8.1 home.

The first laptop was stuck at 22%. After four hours I re-imaged the drive from a backup, tried again this time with

the laptop hard wired to the router, it took around 2 hours. I used the same routine on the other machines.

This is the basic procedure I used

Run ccleaner, delete temp files and registy issues

ensure there is at least 50GB of free hard disc space

Create a backup image on an external hard drive, and create a recovery CD. ( just in case everything goes belly up )

Using the Windows-10 iso, ( obtained as described in previous post ) upddate the OS.

The only things I can suggest is

Run Malwarebytes with the latest signatures, and run an AV scan.

Wait a couple of months for M$ to release a revised version of the update.

Just to add I installed Comodo Internet Security (Free version) on a rebuilt (OS wise) Notebook running Windows 7 and a popup from Comodo advising to install a partitcular update to Comodo 10 before installing Creator - which might hint at issues being faced with others/other AV software? ;)

Since the last update left lots of files around I didn't need from the original WIn 10 install I just downloaded the USB install and it works fine :)

Since the last update left lots of files around I didn't need from the original WIn 10 install I just downloaded the USB install and it works fine :)

You can clear them out easily enough.

Just right click on the disk, go to properties and do a disk clean-up. That will remove any BT install folder, the Windows.old folder and any temporary files.

This downloaded itself on my Lenovo laptop yesterday. It wouldn't install via Update>Shutdown so had to go into Updates to restart. When it had finished installing, the keyboard didn't work correctly. Device Manager said that it had the correct drivers and I noticed that the keyboard had been 'migrated' during the update. Anyway, I've rolled back to the previous version of W10 and all is now well. There are instructions on how to delay or block the Creator update here.

I had a catastrophic psu blowout, it must have been writing something important when it went because the operating system was knackered, I reinstalled win 10 from the usb drive and it automatically installed the creators features, just had another very big update this morning and its all running fine.

I have given up - tried to upgrade my desktop, and it keeps failing at around 12% then rolling back.

have tried the Media Creation tool to do a fresh install from latest ISO also, but that fails too....

doesn't seem to be coming via auto updates either, still sat here waiting...

now my Laptop on the other hand, has installed the creators update without me even realizing, I couldn't say when it did it..... no issues...

any body any other idea's on this