Compatible Printer inks

I have a new Epson WF 2660, ready for some more ink.

Can anyone give advice re successful use (or not) of compatible inks please.

Epson ones cost a fortune!

I would stick with Epson ones until your guarantee runs out. After that I recently bought some in Asda and they work well.

Have used Epson compatibles from Choice Stationery (via the internet) for several years.Never had any problems with them.

I have a new Epson WF 2660, ready for some more ink.

Can anyone give advice re successful use (or not) of compatible inks please.

Epson ones cost a fortune!

I have used compatible inks in Epson printers with no problems for over 10 years, 8 of them with my present Epson DX4450 printer

These may be OK for your printer

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/INK-POWER/_i.html?_nkw=Epson+WF+2660&submit=Search&_sid=322452422

I have bought compatible ink cartridges for years for my Epson, although I do not print often they are ok after cleaning the print heads. I have bought them in the market at CP and also the computer shop in Woodhouse.

My old Epson C62 used compatible one OK, but I am just more cautious on a new machine.

Thanks for advice, more is welcome.

I have a Kodak all in one in which I use Jet Tech compatibles.

I have a Canon 9500 printer that I use for my photos.

I use Canon inks for this, although they do cost a lot, as I won't take the risk of ruining the head and I want the prints to last.

I've had to bin many a printer at work due to leaked ink all over the place by unauthorised refills. Currently using refills on hp lasers which seems to be going ok and costs half as much. A calculated risk at the end of the day.

Has anyone any more advice regarding their use of compatibles for Epson wf 2660, now that my guarantee has run out.

Does the machine use ink just switching on, for example scanning?

When a printer switches on it often performs a print head clean and this does use ink up.

Not sure what advice you want on compatibles. I use them with my Epson XP 750. Have done for some time with no problems.

When a printer switches on it often performs a print head clean and this does use ink up.

Not sure what advice you want on compatibles. I use them with my Epson XP 750. Have done for some time with no problems.

They do a self test, move the carriage left and right and test other things but I don't think they clean the heads as a rule unless you request it.

They do a self test, move the carriage left and right and test other things but I don't think they clean the heads as a rule unless you request it.

Well mine does the self test thing as well but I'm sure I have heard it doing a printhead clean (can tell from the noises). But I could be wrong. I know with previous printers they would automatically run a self-clean. Maybe newer ones don't?