EE vs Plusnet..

I am with plus net 38mB any time calls and caller display £47/ month

EE much cheaper for the same .

Are there any problems with them?

That seems an awful lot to pay for a PlusNet package as their current one starts from £25.00 a month and then the top phone package is only £8.00 a month. You can also save a bit by paying line rental up front for a year.

With EE its £28.50 and then £6.50/month extra for an anytime phone package.

With TalkTalk its £25 for 24 month contract and phone package extra.

davyboy- I too can't understand why you are paying £47 pm with Plusnet. As has been said, £25 for unlimited fibre and including line rental plus anytime calls, currently circa £6.50 and 99p caller display comes to £32.49p. If you have a mobile phone package, could you dispense with anytime calls? Apelike mentioned line rental saver and it brings the bill down by about £3 pm.

Before changing, why not give PN a call and ask for customer options team? They deal with retention of customers and can sometimes offer reductions.

Correction

I made a mistake my usual bill is £40.47 not £47.

below is my bill.

Sometimes the phone call bill is greater than £00 because my wife phones a mobile from the land line, Grrr

QTY ITEM FROM TO PRICE

Total: £40.47

(inc VAT)

1 Unlimited Fibre - Market 2/3 charge 20/01/2017 19/02/2017 £14.99

1 Plusnet Anytime charge 20/01/2017 19/02/2017 £17.99

1 Caller Display charge 20/01/2017 19/02/2017 £0.99

1 Call Plan charge 20/01/2017 19/02/2017 £6.50

Calls: £0.52

Call Features: £0.99

Line Rental: £17.99

Call Plan: £6.50

TOTAL: £26.00

On top of this I'm paying £16.50 for two mobiles ,(tesconet),neither of which are using anything like the number of calls ,texts, data that I am allowed.

Is there a way of decreasing the amount £56+ I'm paying out each month?

Edited by davyboy

Giffgaff for your mobiles.

£5 / month gives you 150 minutes call time, 500 Texts & 100mb data plus free giffgaff to giffgaff calls.

And i'm on almost exactly the same plusnet package which i think is fairly good.

Edited by gillybear

It would be better for your wife to use the mobile for mobile calls. For chargeable landline calls, use saynoto0870 for alternative numbers. However, PN include 0870/0845 in their package.

PN mobile is good - 250 mins plus 1gb data for £5 pm. I'm on Asda at £5 pm but that has a lower allowance than PN. Asda are about to improve their packages from what I have heard so I'm sticking with them for now. They have great customer service - staff are really helpful.

I really think you should contact Plusnet customer options team. I've always found them to be helpful and I end up with a better deal. If you can afford line rental saver before it goes up, that would save you money. Think it is about £188 pa.