Guest busdriver1
There must be some contractual reason for the regular traffic updates as they are (every 15mins I think) and always adhered to.

I believe traffic slots are allocated in such a way as local stations never overlap as that would upset the system, but there again there is always one station that does not turn its indicator off and you get stuck with them.

Kat err....Cowan err....wasn't err.....on this....errrr...morning.

She did ok though and seems a nice enough lass. Think paul walker is back in the saddle for a bit now.

I do like Paul Walker, but I do think he would be a lot better on his own. Also, at the risk of being shot, I am not missing Toby Foster at all.

I believe traffic slots are allocated in such a way as local stations never overlap as that would upset the system, but there again there is always one station that does not turn its indicator off and you get stuck with them.

I commute from Sheffield to Bradford every day and my radio picks up traffic announcements from Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham, York and sometimes even Hull. And they DO overlap.

Is Mr. Foster back yet?

Is Mr. Foster back yet?

He's back a week on Monday.

Oh no, your kidding, its so much better without him :suspect:

Good I can start listening again.

Guest busdriver1
I commute from Sheffield to Bradford every day and my radio picks up traffic announcements from Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham, York and sometimes even Hull. And they DO overlap.

Yes, but which ones? Neighbouring ones should not. Nottingham and Leeds I can understand for example.

Yes, but which ones? Neighbouring ones should not. Nottingham and Leeds I can understand for example.

In certain parts of Doncaster you can pick up Radio York and Humberside but not Sheffield

Looking forward to having him back!

-

I was reminded of this thread this week!

I picked up an old lady yesterday. She must have been 80s or 90s, I had to help her in and out of taxi, but she noticed I had RS on.

She said I listen to this at home, but stopped listening now because of Toby Foster*. She said her grandson showed her how to get radio on the tv :hihi: She listens to Magic now in the morning on TV, but said she doesn't like it much. (I think that's what she said but it didn't add up because she said doesn't like London news, and I thought Magic was Sheffield?)

I said he's not been on anymore (thinking she didn't like him), and she said yes, that's why I don't listen until Paulette is on. I told her he's back next week from reading in here. Magic TV will have one less listener from next week :hihi:

-

*wasn't as simple as written - she was obviously quite deaf, and I concentrate on driving. She actually said 'she stopped listening because of that Tony'. I said, 'you mean Rony?' :hihi:, then we established she meant morning and it was Toby

Guest busdriver1
In certain parts of Doncaster you can pick up Radio York and Humberside but not Sheffield

bonus :-) :hihi::hihi: