Another car smashed in, S7

Seems like another car has been bashed in, Red SEAT on end of Montgomery Road, all windows broken in, , tires let down, so doesn't look like theft, been lots of this sort of thing happening in S7, be good if the local Councillors/Police commented on it all here.

I saw it this morning it had a dvla clamp on it and a dvla lorry was just in the process of lifting it..maybe sour grapes on the part of the owners?

There was something very strange about the red car, it was there for a few days and it appears that the owner tried to drive off even though it had been clamped. It had a flat tyre when I first saw it clamped so not sure if that was 'tyre let down' or just a flat tyre... Not seen this sort of thing happening elsewhere in S7?

My car has been bashed again visiting on Priory Road, the 70's 'Scooby Doo van' that is usually parked there also has a huge gash in the side done this week. A local says he is always hearing sharp screech's, metal grating, etc, about five o clock when the office workers collect their cars, there is just not enoug space for large scale double parking, SCC should unilaterally make it permit only.

My car has been bashed again visiting on Priory Road, the 70's 'Scooby Doo van' that is usually parked there also has a huge gash in the side done this week. A local says he is always hearing sharp screech's, metal grating, etc, about five o clock when the office workers collect their cars, there is just not enoug space for large scale double parking, SCC should unilaterally make it permit only.

What did SCC say when you suggested this ?

Come on, it's a Seat! The owner probably did it themselves.

seems to be a problem area to me,i thought that area was a nice area to live.

Lots of Nether Edge is very nice, but the roads leading off Abbeydale Road have for many years had issues with anti-social behaviour. I can't see it changing really.

Seems like another car has been bashed in, Red SEAT on end of Montgomery Road, all windows broken in, , tires let down, so doesn't look like theft, been lots of this sort of thing happening in S7, be good if the local Councillors/Police commented on it all here.

I live near that car. It was clamped for ages and a group of young men (I assume including the owner since they had the keys) stole something from my garden to try and knock the clamp off and were also revving the engine so hard they must have done serious damage to it. I'm guessing they didn't pay the fine and get it back because there was something else dodgy about it like being uninsured. I also think they will have done the rest of the damage themselves.

So, well done to whoever found it untaxed and clamped it, and to the former owners SERVES YOU RIGHT.

If only it were as nice as Lowedges.

:hihi:

If only it were as nice as Lowedges.

Good one.

in the space of two weeks, there have been a number of hit and runs on Priory Road and surrounding roads. Recently my car was hit again: this time damaging my exhaust which had to be replaced, this Monday, a neighbour observed another hit and run with severe damage to the stationery car on the road adjacent to Priory Road. Today there was another hit and run with considerable damage to a brand new car near the roundabout on Montgomery Road, There are more children playing in the area now and so there is also a real danger of a serious physical accident occurring at some point.

I have spent some hours monitoring the traffic myself on Priory Road and at times it is chaos, particularly when the office workers, etc are finishing work, with speeding vans, car brakes and gears screeching as they attempt to park or move out of a narrow space.

Something needs to be done in Sharrow/Nether Edge