Deleting history on an IPad.

I have an iPad which I have never deleted the history from. How do I do this and is it necessary ?

Settings > Safari > Clear History & Website Data. It is a matter of opinion about how often you should do a clean up.

Settings > Safari > Clear History & Website Data. It is a matter of opinion about how often you should do a clean up.

Thank you Jomie. I thought it might work better if I clear the history although I've had no trouble yet. Will give it a try. Thanks. :)

Seems to speed my iPad back up when I clear all history

Seems to speed my iPad back up when I clear all history

Thanks for the information rudds. Did you have to put all your passwords back in again ?

It does not clear passwords, only cookies and history. To remove obsolete passwords go to Settings > Safari > Passwords. They can be deleted by pressing Edit.

I usually clear the cache every day. The iPad has always run well with this regime. I also remove unused passwords regularly in order to keep the list short.

It does not clear passwords, only cookies and history. To remove obsolete passwords go to Settings > Safari > Passwords. They can be deleted by pressing Edit.

I usually clear the cache every day. The iPad has always run well with this regime. I also remove unused passwords regularly in order to keep the list short.

Thank you.:thumbsup:

If I do will it remove my passwords for SF and FB as well .?

History should not clear passwords etc... it's cookies that does that...

"history" is usually just the list of previously visited websites...

Thank you Ghozer. :thumbsup:

If we're talking about Safari, on iPads/iPhones clearing history does clear cookies too (it's actually called "Clear History and Website Data", and warns that clearing will also remove cookies).

Even so, it may still remember your username/passwords. Apple devices have a password manager called iCloud Keychain that will remember your passwords, even if you wipe the device and sign in again.

You don't need to do it at all if you don't want. It won't make anything run better if you do or don't.