SHEFFIELD =Worst city ??

It's more of an East/West divide than North/South isn't it?

It's not unusual though

http://www.thejanuarist.com/why-are-the-east-of-cities-usually-poorer/

Although perhaps more pronounced in Sheffield.

---------- Post added 25-05-2017 at 13:27 ----------

This is fascinating

http://dclgapps.communities.gov.uk/imd/idmap.html

And it shows more of a South West/North East divide in Sheffield.

Although to the North there's a sudden change again, go into Grenoside and it flips from highly deprived to some of the least deprived!

Edited by Cyclone

[/color]This is fascinating

http://dclgapps.communities.gov.uk/imd/idmap.html

And it shows more of a South West/North East divide in Sheffield.

Although to the North there's a sudden change again, go into Grenoside and it flips from highly deprived to some of the least deprived!

Wow. That`s interesting. Even my street is very divided.

Certainly in Leeds, the east side is much more deprived than the west of Leeds. Same as Sheffield - East Sheffield is much more deprived than the west side.

Here is one theory as top why cities often have poorer east sides:

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/may/12/blowing-wind-cities-poor-east-ends

More likely Hull, Grimsby or Scunthorpe.

Good luck to him :D

Firstly my mother is a 55 year old she not he!!

Secondly, no she has not swapped like for like and moved to Skegness, Cleethorpes, Grimsby, Hull or Scunthorpe. She is 10 minutes from flamborough head which is a very beautiful coastline with stunning countryside too.

Personally I can't wait to follow her with my children as I'd like to get away from Sheffield and never look back.

I can never understand how people can become so ensconced in thier environment that they forget there are stunning places outside of Sheffield.

I live in Bradfield which is stunning but I still have to work and shop in Sheffield which I have grown to despise.

Which big city close to Flamborough are you going to work and shop in then that you'll find much nicer than Sheffield?

Which big city close to Flamborough are you going to work and shop in then that you'll find much nicer than Sheffield?

None. Plenty of amenities and supermarkets close by and jobs in my chosen career. Won't need to go to a big city and don't intent to either. Anything you can't find here can be ordered online ?

Couldn't you do that whilst living in Bradfield?

Couldn't you do that whilst living in Bradfield?

This is exactly what I do living in Bradfield. However the closest amenities are either Stocksbridge which I don't mind or Hillsborough which is different story.

Plus my work still takes me into many parts of the city which I cannot avoid unfortunately, if I can transfer to working over there I would not need to go to a city in my work day as it would cover surrounding rural and coastal towns only.

It's a no Brainer to me, I get people like sheffield, I am just not one if them and am not proud to say this is where I am from

Edited by lubylou12

It sounds like you don't like cities in general, from what you've said.

It sounds like you don't like cities in general, from what you've said.

Actually that's very true.

This is an utter non-story. It's using criteria such as OFSTED rankings (how efficiently a given school cheats their GCSE results) and crime figures (how inefficiently the police force records crime) to make up some nonsense. Sheffield is a wonderful city and I wouldn't bring my kids up anywhere else.

I'm with lubylou12 I also dislike Sheffield even though I live in the nice side of the city. My main reason is a dislike of towns in general. I really should have moved years ago but I feel it's too late now to start afresh