How long should it take to get a quote from a builder

Hi How long does it take to get a quote from a builder. He came and lokked and measured for my driveway last week. many thanks

It will depend on how busy he is, and how big the job is. A week or two is not unreasonable for a fully priced up quote for a driveway I reckon.

I'd allow a week, then give them a quick call.

I have lost track of how many times I,have had people round to quote for a job and then they either fail to, or take ages to come back with a price.

I wouldn't use someone who is tardy to quote, it probably reflects a tardy attitude in general.

No disrespect to builders etc on here BUT if a driveway guy is laying driveways day in and day out they know the rough cost per metre of excavation,hardcore and materials.

Fair enough some oddments may crop up or there may be accessories the home wants but for a 5 x5 drive @ x£ per square metre.

If the builder doesn't want the work find someone else,you shouldn't be chasing people to give them a livelihood.

No disrespect to builders etc on here BUT if a driveway guy is laying driveways day in and day out they know the rough cost per metre of excavation,hardcore and materials.

Fair enough some oddments may crop up or there may be accessories the home wants but for a 5 x5 drive @ x£ per square metre.

If the builder doesn't want the work find someone else,you shouldn't be chasing people to give them a livelihood.

Problem with just blurting a price out to a customer is it will probably be the wrong price.

I get pushed for prices a lot when quoting, which is hard because I have to take an hour or so work everything out.

The OP doesn't mention what they were laying, it could be concrete, tarmac, block paving, slabs, patterned concrete etc etc.

Personally I'd find it a little cowboy if someone turned up and gave me a price within 5 minutes for a job that is going to take a bit of time.