Eroica Vintage Cycling event 2017

The weather for such an event as this is the key factor. I plan to ride the 100 mile event, certainly don't fancy it in heavy rain.

Bakewell this year was MUDDY, thankfully we were pre warned of ground conditions and almost everybody apart from the riders wore wellies.

It did scare me watching the bikes drop down from The High Peak Trail. Trying to stop a tandem when chrome rims are damp isn't for the faint hearted.

It did scare me watching the bikes drop down from The High Peak Trail. Trying to stop a tandem when chrome rims are damp isn't for the faint hearted.

I am of the opinion that the descent is potentially dangerous and the route should be revised.

This is approaching in a few weeks. Anyone going? I'll be camping from the Thursday I believe! :)

Some great bands playing, or so I hear.

Guest sibon
some great bands playing, or so i hear.

abc? ...................

Edited by sibon

abc? ...................

Yep.

Some others too...

I'll be there and am camping again this year. This will be the third time I've ridden in this fantastic event. The routes and location are different this year but hopefully it'll be just as good. The mud was a bit too much last year and a lot of people had to be towed in and out of the camping pitches so hopefully that won't be a problem at the new site. Only downfall I see is not being able to nip in and out of Bakewell but I'm looking forward to it. If you like old bikes, a bit of vintage and music then get yourself down and join in with this fantastic festival :)

Yep.

Some others too...

Spotted you were playing too. Can't wait to camp and keep my amp in my tent :)

---------- Post added 15-05-2017 at 13:42 ----------

I'll be there and am camping again this year. This will be the third time I've ridden in this fantastic event. The routes and location are different this year but hopefully it'll be just as good. The mud was a bit too much last year and a lot of people had to be towed in and out of the camping pitches so hopefully that won't be a problem at the new site. Only downfall I see is not being able to nip in and out of Bakewell but I'm looking forward to it. If you like old bikes, a bit of vintage and music then get yourself down and join in with this fantastic festival :)

That's the main reason it moved - there were too many people there last year, and the showground, sadly, isn't ideal if it rains. The new site is far better. Plus it's only 7 minutes drive from Bakewell, so it's not the end of the world (you could cycle in 10 mins probably) :)

Should be a great weekend!

That's the main reason it moved - there were too many people there last year, and the showground, sadly, isn't ideal if it rains. The new site is far better. Plus it's only 7 minutes drive from Bakewell, so it's not the end of the world (you could cycle in 10 mins probably) :)

Should be a great weekend!

Thanks Andy, didn't realise it was that close so would be great to cycle in then, particularly if you can do it via one of the trails. Having said that there should be plenty to keep us entertained on site, I just love the atmosphere of it all. Might have to have a drive out for a little recky.

Edited by esme
Quote tags

Thanks Andy, didn't realise it was that close so would be great to cycle in then, particularly if you can do it via one of the trails. Having said that there should be plenty to keep us entertained on site, I just love the atmosphere of it all. Might have to have a drive out for a little recky.

It's 6 miles apparently and there is a trail I believe. :)

Plus there's the shuttle bus for this year...

http://eroicabritannia.co.uk/faq/general-information/do-you-run-a-shuttle-bus

Did anyone go this year?

I was there for the weekend and thought it was excellent! The location is miles better in my view and the weather certainly helped!

Hi Andy

I went on Sunday. I rode in via the high peak trail but gave way to the multiples heading out. It was a fantastic day. I agree the site was much nicer than bakewell.

Next year I might look out for an older bike and see if I can join one of the rides and try camping.