Just a quick warning to everyone

I had a phone call last week from a lady with a foreign accent who said she was from BT. I asked for HER phone number and she immediately cut me off. I dialled 1471 and got her number. I phone BT and told them the number. They said it was a scam and was a foreign number. All BT wanted to do was sell me a phone which blocked these scam numbers. I said no, as it's easier to put the phone down.:thumbsup:

I had a phone call last week from a lady with a foreign accent who said she was from BT. I asked for HER phone number and she immediately cut me off. I dialled 1471 and got her number. I phone BT and told them the number. They said it was a scam and was a foreign number. All BT wanted to do was sell me a phone which blocked these scam numbers. I said no, as it's easier to put the phone down.:thumbsup:

Have a look at this: http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/tech-news/bt-call-protect-free-service-crackdown-nuisance-calls-11364136279348

First thing to remember about 90% of these things is "how would they have my phone number?"...

We keep getting calls purporting to be from talk-talk. I've heard allegations that they have had people inside the organisation because they've had information that they ought not have had.

Had a chat with talk-talk after in regard to helping catch the or slow them down at least. Alas, they weren't really interested.

Apparently they're working with the police and other telephony providers and they've ade 10-15 arrests already... I was most impressed. [/Fe]

We keep getting calls purporting to be from talk-talk. I've heard allegations that they have had people inside the organisation because they've had information that they ought not have had.

Had a chat with talk-talk after in regard to helping catch the or slow them down at least. Alas, they weren't really interested.

Apparently they're working with the police and other telephony providers and they've ade 10-15 arrests already... I was most impressed. [/Fe]

Yup, it's not people inside TalkTalk though, it's ex-managers from the call centre they 'hired':

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1502873&highlight=talktalk+scam

I have had a text message today saying some one has tried to hack my account at a certain bank.

The funny thing is I am not a customer of the mentioned bank.

I have had a text message today saying some one has tried to hack my account at a certain bank.

The funny thing is I am not a customer of the mentioned bank.

A robot voice once phoned me up to tell me about suspicious activity on my account. I dismissed it as a scam... when I got home I found I was locked out of my online banking, the account was empty and the credit card spent out to the max...