Punchbowl pub Crookes

I went last night. Apart from the lack of Reet Ales and their adverts it was same as before. Which for me is good news, good to have it back. I tried a Harvest Pale but it was a bit thin (it's been far better when I've had it in the Barrack or in Nottm for example). The Belhaven IPA was OK but again nothing too special. So maybe not very exciting for the beer obsessive but as a place to spend an hour or two and maybe have a proper pizza it's pretty good.

Got another "To Let" Greene King sign out front today.....

Id be surprised if it was doing 7k a week.

https://www.greenekingpubs.co.uk/node/9101/pdf

374k turnover - VAT leaves 311k. Tied on beer wine etc say you make 60%. 186k. Minus rent 38k. Now at 148k.

Open 14 hours a day so 2 staff just to cover each day. Plus Kitchen 2 so a minimum of 6 F/T staff I would guess. And maybe 4/5 P/T that would be circa 90k. Leaves 58.

Still got business rates, gas, electric, insurance etc.

The PDF estimates 38k profit potential. Which might not be far off if you can make it do the headline take.

But say you only do 5k a week and you are losing money and working for free.......

Edited by jamesogt

Due to "staff shortages" they only open at four on Sundays. Thereby missing out on the lucrative Sunday lunch crowd. We were going to call in today, gone elsewhere.

Anyone one know if they're still open?

Went past on the bus this lunchtime and it was closed with the "To Let" sign still up. Not sure if they're always closed lunchtimes, though....?

I called in for one last Sat night. It wasn't very busy but otherwise seemed much the same as ever. Though I don't know why they bother with Leeds Brewery ales.

Shutting down on Sunday ��

Edited by -MG-

Shutting on Sunday ��

Crookes street market on tomorrow. If they are open we'll call in for a couple, if they are closed then they need their heads examining.

Guest makapaka

Think punch bowl will be a supermarket soon - shame - but no ones got it going in years.

Reet transformed it inside but still couldn’t get the punters.

The ball takes most the crowd and Noah’s etc take the scraps. Punch bowl’s too big just to take a few drinkers now and again on a night

Saturday was the last day under Ed's management, his short term lease has expired and not been renewed. Greene King brewery are advertising a long term lease. Ed now has the 3 tuns in town.

Saturday was the last day under Ed's management, his short term lease has expired and not been renewed. Greene King brewery are advertising a long term lease. Ed now has the 3 tuns in town.

It is too big,Crookes is crying out for an Itchy Pig type establishment unless its got one in the last 3 months.