Sheffield Tennis League

Anyone here ever played in this? run via this site :https://localtennisleagues.com/sheffield

I put up here a while ago I was after a sport to replace footy (which I retired from this time last year) and thought this might be okay, really rusty and was never very good at tennis but my work used to run a league and used to enjoy it.

Just wondered if anyone had ever played in this though, I live right next to Meersbrook park and rarely see anyone using the tennis net on there even though the court looks pretty decent.

Looks interesting thanks for sharing, I signed up but have to wait until June 22nd for the next round..

If you ever want a game of tennis, feel free to PM me, I am not very good and I'm sure you'll run rings round me but hey :)

Hi Greedo, where about's you based? Will PM you but noticed you have less than 5 posts so don't think you will be able to reply. I have also signed up now as decided to just give it a go. Got a lot of leagues that all look fairly active. Would be happy to give you a go or two before hand if we can sort something out!

Kev

Hi Kev,

Didn't know you had to have so many posts before being able to PM, i'll try and get the number up so I am able to.

I am based at Halfway but I have a car so I am not fussed about traveling as long as it is in Sheffield.

I noticed you said you lived near Meersbrook park in your original post, more than happy to play there if it is convenient for you, not that far from me either.

I could do with the practice before the next round, been a while since I played.

Yeah cool, it's a public use that one so won't be able to guarantee it's free so might be worth trying the Graves tennis place, will give them a ring to check prices and booking and get back to you.

OK great, cheers