Best Attacking Headers

As a youngster I remember a centre forward called Hugh Mcilmoyle. He was a good header of the ball like Lochhead, Hateley, etc.

Yes, Van Persie's goal was outstanding. I think it was voted the best goal of the tournament. Was it Netherlands versus Spain maybe?

Yes stpetre confirms it was Spain.

Going back to doc Pace, I seem to remember he used to root his feet in the ground to meet the crosses from Ronnie Simpson on the left wing, he didn't float them in, he used to knock them in at speed as he had one of he hardest shots in football at the time.

does not fit any of the criteria but still makes me cry.

The thing that always brings a smile to that (for me) is not the own goal but the policeman behind the goal applauding !

That's true but surely a good percentage of Doc's headers went in off his nose. :hihi:

Now then Mr Hardie, I am of the opinion you are one of the more sensible folks on this section, but saying that a good percentage of the Doc's headers went in off his nose is just plain silly.

Although an Owl and you must have seen him play, I saw him play in almost everyone of his home games and headers off his nose I don't think so.

Get back to being sensible please !!