Morley street school

does anybody have any memories of Morley Street School in the 1950's and 60's...

Yes I went to Morley Street School in the fifties,remember the teachers Mr Wlliamson.Mr Webb.Mr Jackson,Mr Priestley.Headteacher Mr Moore.Miss Peat.

I also remember we had to walk to the fields at Myers Grove Lane for our games lessons before Myers grove school was built when we had finished we had to walk back.

When we went swimming we walked from Morley Street up to South Road caught the tram to Glossop Road baths and then back again after.

Two seperate playgrounds for boys and girls we also had the slipper and the cane never did us any harm and it did not make thugs out of us.

Good Teachers and a good school.:thumbsup:

Yes, I went to Morley street too.

It would have been from starting school at 5 year old???

Left at 11 years old in 1962.

Anyone remember the name of teacher who taught maths, P.E.

He also took us to Hillsborough baths for swimming lessons. I've been trying to remember his name since this thread was posted.

I went to Morley street, I left in 1964, the only teachers I can remember were Miss Bennet and Mr Hirst, I still have a friend from when we started school together, which must have been around 1958/9, we used to play on the tip on Morley street where the garages were and when the garages were moved you could get into the air raid shelters that were used for the school during the war.

ekilopter

I remember Andrea Hunt Yummy

Thanks ekilopter....that's jogged the memory. It was Mr Hirst I was thinking of.

Remember the little sweet shop on Morley street at the bottom of the gennel?

Black jacks....four a penny.

Quite a few photographs on friends reunited of Morley street some are outside the shop.

WOW!! Did'nt expect anyone to get in touch!!! I have'nt been back to Sheffield for a nunber of years now....Are the donkey woods still there? Oh and the paddling pools down Rivelin?

The Donkey Woods Still there and the Paddling Pool.

Morley Street School still looks the same to me I would love to have a walk round I missed it a few years ago when they had an anniversary celebration because I was ill. I think it was the centenary.

What year did you leave Pisces.

Hi Nellie...I was there from 1951 (5yrs old) to leaving in 1960 (15yrs old) did my last 3 months at myers grove when it opened...had 2 older brothers at morley st though...

I left in 1959 so pretty close,I must have been in the same class as your brother.

Hi Nellie do you remember Tony Jackson??