Westerns on TV 50'S and 60'swhat was your favourite

Cowboy films were all the rage when I was growing up and there were also some good westerns on TV as well. My early favourite when there was just BBC, was the Cisco Kid in kids hour, When I got a bit older I liked most of them like Wagon Train, Rawhide, Maverick, Cheyenne, plus lots more. Love to hear what some of you other old geezers favourites were. Sorry for the typo on the thread title, can't find away to fix it

Edited by TORONTONY

Hopolong Cassidy and his red Indian pal Kemasabee was my favourite at the penny Saturday morning rush at the Manor Theatre of dreams on the Manor Top.

Flicking my joy stick at the lower Manor lot sat in the pits below who would wait for us out side for a dual with imaginary guns.

We also got the The Three Stooges or the Bowery Boys chucked in all for a penny or tuppence .

Majic days .

Re think Kemasbee was probably the Lone Rangers pal while Hopolong had an old grisly bloke as his side kick.

"Oh hang on a minute was that Gene Autry " Well it was over 65 years ago wern't it.

Edited by cuttsie

Dont forget Lash Larue and Tim Holt.

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 08:44 ----------

Hopolong Cassidy and his red Indian pal Kemasabee was my favourite at the penny Saturday morning rush at the Manor Theatre of dreams on the Manor Top.

Flicking my joy stick at the lower Manor lot sat in the pits below who would wait for us out side for a dual with imaginary guns.

We also got the The Three Stooges or the Bowery Boys chucked in all for a penny or tuppence .

Majic days .

Re think Kemasbee was probably the Lone Rangers pal while Hopolong had an old grisly bloke as his side kick.

"Oh hang on a minute was that Gene Autry " Well it was over 65 years ago wern't it.

Could that be Gabby Hayes?

Majic days .

Kemosabe was what Tonto called the Lone Ranger, Hopalong Cassidy usually had Andy Clyde or Gabby Hayes as his sidekick in his films. Gabby Hayes character was called Windy Halliday a role he played into the late thirties, by the forties, Andy Clyde had joined him as California Carlson. Kemosabe means " Faithful Friend / Trusted Scout"

Edited by lazarus

If we're talking TV westerns, my favourite was always Range Rider. That's closely followed by Gun Law.

I liked my cowboys to look like ' proper ' cowboys, couldn't stand the Lone Ranger type in their figure hugging , sequinned outfits.

Loved the puppet series ' Four Feather Falls ' that was in some ways a bit of a send up of the TV western

Don,t forget "Champion the wonder horse" he was one of my favourites along with the Cisco Kid,Hopalong Cassidy,Lash Laroue!.Another animal star "Lassie" what a dog,he had a brain like Albert Einstien and of course the "Lone Ranger and Tonto"

If we're talking TV westerns, my favourite was always Range Rider. That's closely followed by Gun Law.

I liked my cowboys to look like ' proper ' cowboys, couldn't stand the Lone Ranger type in their figure hugging , sequinned outfits.

Loved the puppet series ' Four Feather Falls ' that was in some ways a bit of a send up of the TV western

Range Rider was good,played by Jock O'Mahoney..........his sidekick was called Dick!...........I think he was one most of the time.

Surprised nobody mentioned 'Bonanza' but always found it a bit mawkish. Some of the better ones; 'Boots and Saddles', 'The Virginian', Dale Robertson's 'Wells Fargo' and 'Ironhorse' and the Australian one 'Whiplash' with American Peter Graves.

Alias Smith and Jones was quite good.

My favourite would be, Wagon Train , starring Ward Bond and Robert Fuller, then Rawhide and Gunsmoke.

Anyone remember "Sugarfoot"?

Off the top of my head, with Will Hutchens?