Anyone go to the Gregg School in Broomhill 1952/1955?

Pleased you haven't alzheimer's!! - only kidding. Are you in contact with any from school, if so would you contact them to get their views please.

Will do. Watching the rock 'n roll prog and the film Rock around The Clock the other night certainly took me back to school days/nights.

I went to the school in the 50s .I naxt to Barry Bolton & Billy Lishman & received a punsh on the nose by Tory & had to tell Shanks I had a nose bleed.

Think you are a bit older than me as I was in the same class as Roger Lishman, Billy's younger brother. Do you live in the S36 area? Pete Tory I have been in touch with via this site and also a female couple of years younger than me. It has made interesting reading but unfortunately not many are now contributing, they must have run out of stories, perhaps you could add some more.

I remember a boy called Bowskill I think he was in the same class Roger Lishman he was a ballroom dancer I though in strange but I'm into dancing now. Sorry Bill Haley

Malcolm Bowskil was in my class and if you look back at previous threads you will find that I put on about his ballroom dancing with his partner at the annual dance and also playing the cornet. How did you find out about this site? Wish I had known about it at the beginning because not many people are now contributing.

I remember a boy called Bowskill I think he was in the same class Roger Lishman he was a ballroom dancer I though in strange but I'm into dancing now. Sorry Bill Haley

Hi there,

I know I can be slow on the uptake, by why would you be saying "Sorry" ???.

Hope Snowball and everyone else are in good health.

Not sure myself what S36 means by 'sorry'. Perhaps he will explain.

---------- Post added 13-08-2015 at 11:15 ----------

Met up with my classmate yesterday and had a wonderful day. We will definitely meet again and if we can find any other pupils we would love to arrange a get together possibly at the Rutland Hotel early next year. If you and/or Steven or anyone reading this post knows ex pupils who would like to join us would love to hear from you/them, pm if necessary.

Does anyone reading these posts know who arranged the reunion in the 90s if so, could they please let me know. Thanks. PM if possible

I found the site by typing in Gregg school Sheffield . s36WtON is just a user name . I visit Sheffield frequently , my son lives in Bradway & his partner worked in the libary in Broomhill. Did Mr Shanks snog all the girls on your form annual outing , it would not happen now.

Gosh I wouldn't think anyone would want to snog Shanks. I left in 1959 and can't remember going on any annual outings with the school except the ones abroad to Italy and Belgium and I don't think he was teaching in those years and certainly did't go on those two. I left in 1959. Where did you go on the annual outings? Maybe my memory is not too good now. By the way I live not far from Broadway in Dronfield Woodhouse.

The third form always had an annual outing, I think we went to Skegness1956. I think we were aloud to smoke which we all did. I wonded if he carried on the tradition. There was one very good teacher who taught history

I cannot remember her name . When my friend & I have been walking in Derbyshire we call in the wetherspoons near the city hall, I look out of the window & imagin the 60 bus there. My favourit is The Fat Cat.

I seem to recall that outings to the coast were an annual feature, the same company use to provide the coaches (their name escapes me at the moment), and there was a lot of bargaining and pleadings to acquire the rear seatto share with the object of one's desire/lust!!. I remember Barry very well. I never went on the trips abroad, but they sounded good fun. Mr Shanks was an OK guy, but I find it hard to imagine him snogging the girls!!. Still don't know why you should be saying sorry though s36tON?