Where Can I Get A Cis / Css Card From ???

Anyone know where i can get one of these cards from so that i can work on building sites etc ???

Do you have to pay ???

Do you have to take a test ???

Thanks GG

You have to take a test, the centre in Sheffield is at the top of the Moor. Go to http://www.citb-constructionskills.co.uk should tell you everything you need to know. It costs £17 for the actual test and another £15ish for the card itself. You get a book from citb with all the questions in, as long as you do a bit of revision it's fairly easy.

Hi GG,

SECAS in Sheffield, for CSCS card, Tel: 0114 2527550, they're on Edmund Rd Business Centre, yes you have to pay, aprox £100.00 but don't quote me.

Regards,

classicfan

you dont need to take a test to get a cis card and dont have to pay anything. you need a photo and some id, take them into the inland revenue fill out a form and the card is sent to you.a cis card is for somebody who wants to work as self-employed as a subcontractor in the construction industry,you have to show the card to the person you subconract to to get paid.

go to the tax office for a form, photo and two forms of ID and you sorted

You need a CSCS card to gain access to and work on a building site though...

you dont need to take a test to get a cis card and dont have to pay anything. you need a photo and some id, take them into the inland revenue fill out a form and the card is sent to you.a cis card is for somebody who wants to work as self-employed as a subcontractor in the construction industry,you have to show the card to the person you subconract to to get paid.

Take a passport and anything else with your id to inland revenue

You need a CSCS card to gain access to and work on a building site though...

Not all sites you don't. I've never had one and worked on plenty.

CIS card is for tax purposes.

CSCS is to show you're capable of what you say you are (nothing to do with making money - honest :P). They're becoming more and more necessary.

yeah my other half has one, just a card with photo, and has qualifications listed on back, he needs it to get onto sites tho. think you had to pay for it but his boss did.

CIS card is free from the Taxation office, I got mine in Rotherham near the bus station. CSCS card you have to pay for, I dont know how much though because the company I was subbying to at the time paid for it. You have to sit a multiple choice test, 30 questions mostly H&S at a place in Sheffield where you sit your driving test.

Or you can just phone up and say you want an appointment to sit a CSCS test but need a CSCS number right away, they take your details and give you a number. Give that number to your future employers, they phone up the CSCS people and check your details and bingo you are on site.