Are there any all night cafes in Sheffield?

are there any all night cafes in sheffield? where?

Unfortunately, unlike on the Continent, cafes don't tend to open late in the UK, certainly in Sheffield there are none that I know that are open beyond 9pm at the latest. There are of course restaurants and bars serving coffee and also fast food establishments (oh and motorway service stations!!) but no cafes as such:( Would be great to have a few in Sheffield, but perhaps there is no market for them..

I think La Perle (on the Wicker) opens until about 11pm.

Strange ! Way back, in the days of yore, when computers and robots first appeared on the scene, ' experts ' predicted that the ' 24-hour ' society would soon be here ! Another prediction they got slightly wrong ! [ Together, of course with everyone working a 4 hour day, 5 days a week. We would be reading Shakespeare and composing music whilst the machines did all the hard, boring work ! ].

Well, places ARE open a bit later than they used to be ------but generally to cater for teenage drunks and misfits of all descriptions.

One of the first things that surprises us ex-pats, going to live abroad, is the amount of night-life for everyone and the number of all-night cafes and shops. Perhaps everybody goes to bed about 11 p.m. in Sheffield ? Don 't blame 'em, though !

Strange ! Way back, in the days of yore, when computers and robots first appeared on the scene, ' experts ' predicted that the ' 24-hour ' society would soon be here ! Another prediction they got slightly wrong ! [ Together, of course with everyone working a 4 hour day, 5 days a week. We would be reading Shakespeare and composing music whilst the machines did all the hard, boring work ! ].

Well, places ARE open a bit later than they used to be ------but generally to cater for teenage drunks and misfits of all descriptions.

One of the first things that surprises us ex-pats, going to live abroad, is the amount of night-life for everyone and the number of all-night cafes and shops. Perhaps everybody goes to bed about 11 p.m. in Sheffield ? Don 't blame 'em, though !

Hmm, not too sure, I was driving home from the gym today around 2am, there were plenty of cars on the roads and many of them weren't taxis.

There would have been plenty of places I could have nipped into on the way home for milk and bread if I had so wished, and if I fancied a bite to eat and a coffee I could have gone to McDonalds.

On most nights even at 2/3/4am you can more or less get what you want there are loads of places in Sheffield open through the night.

I can see it going all the way though, in the future, there has been a vote in Meadowhall to see if it's going to stay open until 10. It's another step in that direction.

am told that Greggs in the city centre stays open until 3am. Imagine some food becomes more attractive with beer goggles.

24 hour one near stocksbridge its like a little caravan type cafe on a long road as you leave motorway towards stocksbridge, dont no about quality but its defo open 24 hours x

24 hour one near stocksbridge its like a little caravan type cafe on a long road as you leave motorway towards stocksbridge, dont no about quality but its defo open 24 hours x

Is that the 24 hour cafe on the road between McDonalds Tankersley roundabout and the J35a M1. Theres also the McDonalds on Penistone Rd.

Is that the 24 hour cafe on the road between McDonalds Tankersley roundabout and the J35a M1. Theres also the McDonalds on Penistone Rd.

Yes i think so.

Unfortunately, unlike on the Continent, cafes don't tend to open late in the UK, certainly in Sheffield there are none that I know that are open beyond 9pm at the latest. There are of course restaurants and bars serving coffee and also fast food establishments (oh and motorway service stations!!) but no cafes as such:( Would be great to have a few in Sheffield, but perhaps there is no market for them..

I think more all night eateries in any city centre serving coffee, tea and hot meals and snacks but no alcohol would be a really great way to help with the problems we seem to have with alcohol related anti-social behaviour. Can't some innovative entrepreneur give it a go? I love to go out and party but about 2am I'm always ready for a cuppa and summat to eat. It's a great way to sober up and rounds off the night in a lovely cosy way. Would be much safer for women also if they could phone a taxi and wait in comfort with a cuppa rather than braving the black cab queues!

You bet me to it, was just going to mention that one as one of my mates used to call there regular in a late evening on his way home from work.