Why do some men choose to have a ponytail?

Following on from a thread....I don't understand why some men choose to have ponytails? Do you?

(IMO) They look awful, scraggy, dry, unclean and outdated....:huh:

Maybe they think it makes them look young and trendy or something

cant help but think of that stick on one Rodney had in Fools and Horses

Maybe they think it makes them look young and trendy or something

yeh, and its always old guys that have them isnt it ? :rolleyes:

When my ex came out of the Royal Marines he rebelled against everything that he had HAD to do for 9 years....having his hair cut was one of them. So he let it grow and the only way he could keep it out of his eyes was in a pony tail. Not that I liked it but....that was his way of dealing with things I think.

You're not into rock or metal are you? I used to have long hair when I was at uni and if it got annoying I'd tie it back.

i dont................i dont like them.

plus i dont have enough hair these days :P

When my ex came out of the Royal Marines he rebelled against everything that he had HAD to do for 9 years....having his hair cut was one of them. So he let it grow and the only way he could keep it out of his eyes was in a pony tail. Not that I liked it but....that was his way of dealing with things I think.

Imagine running your hands through HIS hair during lovemaking !! :gag:

1. Some of us don't give a monkey's what others think about us, we have enough self-confidence to dress how we like and style our hair as we like!

2. Having a pony-tail is a darn sight cheaper than paying for a haircut every week or so.

3. It keeps your hair out of the way, especially on windy days.

4. It takes only a minute to trim it shorter when needed.

5. I totally forget that my hair is gathered at the back in a pony-tail, but before I adopted this style many years ago, I was forever combing it into place or brushing it out of my eyes.

6. But the main reason is #1. ! ;)

1. Some of us don't give a monkey's what others think about us, we have enough self-confidence to dress how we like and style our hair as we like!

2. Having a pony-tail is a darn sight cheaper than paying for a haircut every week or so.

5. I totally forget that my hair is gathered at the back in a pony-tail, but before I adopted this style many years ago, I was forever combing it into place or brushing it out of my eyes.

Absolutely! Hear hear! You've saved me a lot of typing!

And it gets you wolf-whistles from.............................THE MEN!:thumbsup: