Silk finish paint

Can anyone explain what the difference is between trade paint and 'ordinary' paint? Wanting to get Dulux silk finish and not sure which to get. It's for skirting boards and doors. Thanks.

Can anyone explain what the difference is between trade paint and 'ordinary' paint? Wanting to get Dulux silk finish and not sure which to get. It's for skirting boards and doors. Thanks.

think its just promotional bull, if it trade it must be better.

whatever you go for ,don't fall for the one coat stuff

Have a read of this= http://www.neverpaintagain.co.uk/blog/why-trade-paint-for-decorators-is-better-than-diy-paint/

Dulux Once.

I think the word they were looking for is Twice.

You don't want to put a silk paint on woodwork. silk is for ceilings and walls, you'll need gloss, satinwood or eggshell finish for the woodwork

Copied from my website.

Trade paint is manufactured for trade professionals. It has many advantages over retail paint.

Retail paint from DIY suppliers will often require more than two coats of paint to finish the job. Trade paint has superior opacity, which means less paint covers more of the painted surface and most jobs require just two coats. Trade paint is also more durable, so the true colour lasts longer. To cut a long story short trade paint is a bit more expensive then retail paint but worth it.

Edited by mmitchell

Retail paint from DIY suppliers will often require more than two coats of paint to finish the job. Trade paint has superior opacity, which means less paint covers more of the painted surface and most jobs require just two coats. Trade paint is also more durable, so the true colour lasts longer. To cut a long story short trade paint is a bit more expensive then retail paint but worth it.

Thanks for that. I thought it was the other way round. Trade being the cheap stuff.

Thanks for that. I thought it was the other way round. Trade being the cheap stuff.

Zach. No trade paint is better than retail paint. Crown trade centres have currently got some good offers on at the moment for members of the public.

You don't want to put a silk paint on woodwork. silk is for ceilings and walls, you'll need gloss, satinwood or eggshell finish for the woodwork

Copied from my website.

Trade paint is manufactured for trade professionals. It has many advantages over retail paint.

Sorry - I meant satin! Thanks for info:)