Wicker closed by Police 02/07/2017

The Wicker is taped off again this morning, no shock there then but looks like it's serious which involves a Taxi driver being pulled so I'm told.

What a horrible place that area has become

It's not just the wicker it's most places in Sheffield lately just look on tv,papers

It's not just the wicker it's most places in Sheffield lately just look on tv,papers

So most places in Sheffield have been taped off by the police, have they?

This topic appears to be another attempt at class racism. Northern part of Sheffield full of people who are treated very poorly by society, then society is blaming them for behaving poorly.

If people are treated bad then don't start blaming them for what happens next. The people to blame here are the ones who make a large group live on minimum. When things get worse in that end of town it is because selfish people in other end of town are too selfish or greedy to give equal opportunities and share with the other end.

Maybe not but I think what he means is around that area of the City.

It was closed off on Spital Hill twice lately and some other area's.

I went to catch a train last Saturday and the railway station road was taped off, luckily I was on a bike

This topic appears to be another attempt at class racism. Northern part of Sheffield full of people who are treated very poorly by society, then society is blaming them for behaving poorly.

If people are treated bad then don't start blaming them for what happens next. The people to blame here are the ones who make a large group live on minimum. When things get worse in that end of town it is because selfish people in other end of town are too selfish or greedy to give equal opportunities and share with the other end.

Is it just me or, is that attitude class racism in itself?

So, everybody in the north of Sheffield is part of a large rebelling mob because they are treated badly by the South, East and West of the city?

Glad we cleared that up.

I went to catch a train last Saturday and the railway station road was taped off, luckily I was on a bike

Is that what he means then? He said it's most places in Sheffield but what he actually meant was that it's just round the Wicker. I'm grateful you cleared that up, being a mind-reader and all.

As for the station last Saturday, there was a separate thread about it on which I posted to say that I had asked a police officer at the time who said they were testing the road surface, which I actually saw them doing.

So cut the crap.

If that was Saturday morning it was because a lady had been hit by a car outside the station.

---------- Post added 02-07-2017 at 12:04 ----------

Its a stabbing on the Wicker apparently. 2 men in critical condition :(

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update/2017-07-02/two-men-in-critical-condition-after-stabbing-in-sheffield/

3am,what a safe area that is.

Just gone passed now. Forensics there and taped off all outside kebabish/wicker pharmacy!!

I hear from a friend who lives down there (he's not even allowed out his building at the minute) its strongly linked (albeit rumored) to be a drugs related incident. Which to be honest seems like the most likely.

Is it still possible to cross the Wicker on DD Way?