Police 101 premium call rate?

I have/had a reason to phone the police 5 minutes ago, not a 999 call but still important to me so I phoned 101, I haven't got enought credit on my phone? that means they must charge the calls at a premium rate, What a cheek, it seems they will do anything to lower the reported crime rate, either that or they don't want you to report a crime.

It costs 15p to call 101. Thats a flat rate so it doesnt matter what time of day or how long youre on the line for.

Edited by nikki-red
typo

I have 1000 minutes included in my contract, why would i put extra money on my phone to call the police? It is in the public intrest to inform the police as to whats happening, and where, but I for one will never phone them again on 101.

For future reference the non-emergency number for South Yorks Police is 0114 219 6905.

I have 1000 minutes included in my contract, why would i put extra money on my phone to call the police? It is in the public intrest to inform the police as to whats happening, and where, but I for one will never phone them again on 101.

How very public spirited of you .

It's 15 pence...............:o

For future reference the non-emergency number for South Yorks Police is 0114 219 6905.

Which will be within your included minutes. Unfortunately if you are elsewhere in the country and want to get through to the nearest local 101 service, there is a fixed 15p charge, explained HERE

It costs 15p to call 101. Thats a flat rate so it doesnt matter what time of day or how long youre on the line for.

Which is good really because last time I phoned I was on the phone for 30 minutes and never actually spoke to anyone :hihi::hihi::hihi:

It used to be 0114 2202020 - did that change?

It used to be 0114 2202020 - did that change?

I thought it was 0118 999 881 999 119 725.........3

Hahahahahahahahahahaha The IT Crowd

Very funny episode

---------- Post added 28-06-2017 at 11:50 ----------

Hahahahahahahahahahaha The IT Crowd

Very funny episode

I have/had a reason to phone the police 5 minutes ago, not a 999 call but still important to me so I phoned 101, I haven't got enought credit on my phone? that means they must charge the calls at a premium rate, What a cheek, it seems they will do anything to lower the reported crime rate, either that or they don't want you to report a crime.

As has already been said here, a call to 101 is 15p no matter how long you are on the call.

I believe this is a charge made by BT for handling the calls, not the police.