Selling vehicle to a traveller

Had a traveller ( polite term ) asking to buy a car off myself but he lives in a caravan ( non static ) and as such has no fixed address. How would one go about filling in log book as regards buyers address ?

In such circumstances, a 'care of' address is allowed by the DVLA.

Its just not worth the hassle. Have to be on the ball these days with selling cars. All too easy to get fines dropping through your letter box. Then you have the problem of fighting them. I would rather scrap it before selling to a Traveler.

Its just not worth the hassle. Have to be on the ball these days with selling cars. All too easy to get fines dropping through your letter box. Then you have the problem of fighting them. I would rather scrap it before selling to a Traveler.

If you've notified the dvla that the vehicle has been sold you shouldn't be getting fines through your door.

If you've notified the dvla that the vehicle has been sold you shouldn't be getting fines through your door.

How dare you scaremonger by supplying facts common sense and rationale.

Years ago we sold our tourer caravan to a traveller ,he never haggled about the price,left us awning and all other stuff from caravan,he was very polite..Dont tar all with same brush.There are good and bad in all types.

6 months after I notified the DVLA my car had been stolen I was still getting speeding fines.

6 months after I notified the DVLA my car had been stolen I was still getting speeding fines.

That being the case then the DVLA are at fault.. not to who you sold it to. If you sold the car legally the car did NOT belong to you.

Btw.. did you pay the fines?

That being the case then the DVLA are at fault.. not to who you sold it to. If you sold the car legally the car did NOT belong to you.

Btw.. did you pay the fines?

It wasn't sold, it was stolen.

So nothing at all to do wit the topic then?

I had this years ago.

I'd filled in and sent off the bits and bobs then the fines started dropping on the door mat. I stood my ground against all the threats of court and prison. In the end I had to go to the courts and swear on the bible that I was telling the truth. Strange using a bible as I'm not really a member of any God Squad.

It was a bit of a pain so is it worth it? I think it's up to you but be aware of what could happen.

It wasn't sold, it was stolen.

How does that affect the outcome of the seller? Sold or stolen if you have properly informed the correct authority at the time then whatever comes after is not the responsibility of the seller or victim. If the car was stolen and correctly reported then the police would have it on file for any later fines which can be used in defence.

Edited by Andbreathe