R.i.p Peter sallis

Actor Peter Sallis has passed away aged 96. Another great actor gone

Another part of a lot of peoples childhood lost, incredible record with Last Of The Summer Wine - appearing in every episode, RIP Peter Sallis

goodbye cleggy. r. I. p.

I just started to watch Last of The Summer Wine a few years before Bill Owen died. I thought it was so innocent, watching the antics of older people.

R.I.P Peter Sallis

What a brilliant actor Peter was,i am a big fan of Last of the Summer wine and peter was just brilliant.His book is a very good read as well,i fell in love with the show when i was a kid in the early seventies and now live five minutes away from holmfirth.Proud to have watched every episode ever made,early on sunday mornings i would quite often see them filming outside Noras cottage.RIP peter.

There are not many TV programmes that can retain the popularity that this programme did, still makes me laugh watching them after 40+ years. RIP Cleggy, you and the other members of the show made a lot of people laugh for many a year.

Just watched The Avengers, Peter Sallis was in the episode this evening.

Edited by iansheff

Thank you Peter for bringing northern sunshine into the living room and beyond.

R.I.P.

This man brought pleasure to millions but a newspaper still had a go at him.The day after he died one of the nationals carried a story saying he was a lifetime womaniser and he had been thrown out over 80 times by his wife.According to them he used to move in with different women in the Huddersfield area whilst filming.True or false, he cannot defend himself and there was no need for the story to be published.R.I.P Peter.