Dream location Sheffield

If money was not an issue (you have an unlimited supply) , where in Sheffield would you like to live? And why?

dore,millhouses are the best places in my opinion,totley and homesfield are nice as well.

One of those huge places in Ranmoor.

Here perhaps

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46910604.html

Little more than 10 minutes into town, yet completely in the countryside, far enough away from the A57 to not hear it, completely off the beaten track, and a lovely house.

This house seems to have been for sale for years.

Probably not many people with 1.6million to spare.

Added on Rightmove:

18 May 2016

One of those huge places in Ranmoor.

I agree. A Victorian/Edwardian mansion with a big garden and a high stone wall. Yet a short walk to good local amenities and city centre very close too.

I agree. A Victorian/Edwardian mansion with a big garden and a high stone wall. Yet a short walk to good local amenities and city centre very close too.

It looks very nice, but no downstairs loo and no family bathroom? Where do guests go, one of the en-suites?

It looks very nice, but no downstairs loo and no family bathroom? Where do guests go, one of the en-suites?

Not sure which house you're referring to? I didn't post a link to anything.

Yes, I used to work in two of those places; Ranmoor Hall (built 1881 for W.W. Harrison, cutlery manufactuer) and Snaithing Grange (built 1904 for W.F. Osborn); when they were owned by the NCB and used as offices in the '60s.

They were magnificent examples of Victorian/Edwardian architecture built in superb surroundings and a pleasure to work in.

I'm not sure what the heating bills would be like, but I suppose if you could afford to build places like that then it wouldn't really be of concern.

echo.

Yes, I used to work in two of those places; Ranmoor Hall (built 1881 for W.W. Harrison, cutlery manufactuer) and Snaithing Grange (built 1904 for W.F. Osborn); when they were owned by the NCB and used as offices in the '60s.

They were magnificent examples of Victorian/Edwardian architecture built in superb surroundings and a pleasure to work in.

I'm not sure what the heating bills would be like, but I suppose if you could afford to build places like that then it wouldn't really be of concern.

echo.

I worked in Snaithing Grange in the late 70's early 80's...